Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Fate

I have finally gotten around to trying Token Fate from the one click API library. It doesn't seem to work for me. I have selected a few tokens and entered !token-fate in the chat box. Nothing!
Are your other scripts working? (It's possible you just need to restart your API sandbox.) You also have to make sure that the tokens either have a name on their nameplate or are linked to a character sheet. I just loaded it and tried it and it works for me.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have you verified that the API sandbox has not crashed?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I just tested, and being linked to a character sheet is not required, nor is being on the page with the player flag. And it is working over here, too.
Also important to check that you’re not using the ‘talk to myself’ function when using API commands as it does not work. I’ve fallen foul off that many a time unknowingly.
The rest of my scripts are working. I will try again after rebooting my machine.
Okay, thanks, it is working now. The problem I'm having seems to have something to do with my test campaign. It is working in my main campaign along with 30 other scripts.
I hope you don't mind if I hijack the thread! Previously I've been using Recursive Tables and a rollable table with a list of PCs, which is great for picking one at random and displaying their name and the photo I have listed in the table (which is the same image as their token).  With TokenFate I like the ability to choose randomly from a group of tokens on the screen, but it would be awesome if the token image could be posted into the result with the name.  Is that a fairly simple implementation?  I've tried playing around with the code for a bit but it's beyond my skills to pull the image source and add the image into the chat message with the name. From my digging around I know there also can be issues with images that are in the marketplace versus a player's library, but I'm not sure if that holds true in this specific case or not. Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can give!