Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Upload your API code automatically! Use your favorite IDE to create API scripts seamlessly

Edited 1654536306
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I've previously released a chromium extension that allows sheet authors to automatically sync their code between their computer and their sheet sandbox. That extension is also available on the chrome web store . Today, I'm bringing that same capability to the API sandbox with v1.21alpha of the Roll20 API and Sheet Autouploader . You can read the full details and follow the development of the extension on the original forum post in the character sheets forum , but here's what the API side of the extension looks like in action: The API upload version of this extension is a bit more complicated than the sheet upload side. I'd really love to see what the community thinks of how this works and if you can break it in any way. Like this project? Want to support the creation of cool tools like this?  Support me on the Kurohyou Studios Patreon !
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Will definitely give this a test drive next time I get time to dabble. Hot loading for Roll20
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
This lower the bar for API development by a lot. Maybe with these latest updates, I'll finally give a try at creating API Scripts...