Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Error finishCurrentPolygon upon opening games

Edited 1655353393
So opening any game leads to this error popping up. Uncaught  TypeError:  d20.engine.finishCurrentPolygon is not a function Haven't seen much on this error other then one a year ago.
Hi, I had the same issue and found a post saying to turn off tampermonkey, I don't know if you have that but even though I had no scripts running the error stopped after I completely disabled it, hope this helps!
Hello, I am having the same issue and have no idea how to fix it. I don't have tampermonkey and nothing else running and it still won't work. Any sort of help would be appreciated.
Same Issue. Only Opera. Appeared after the session then disappeared after some time. Now it appears again. Chrome launches games normaly.

Edited 1655297366
Same issue, using firefox. Have no tampermonkey. I turned off all extensions and still experiencing same problem.
Same issue, in chrome.  Have cleared cookies and cache, turned off extensions, and it is still busted.
Same issue on chrome. works fine on microsoft edge
Same issue on chrome. Works on microsoft edge. I used tampermonkey, but the situation did not improve after turning it off or even after removing the extension from chrome. Yesterday it worked fine, around 8 hours after problem appeared. Funny thing - I cannot join any campaign, no matter if I was using tampermonkey or not, as a player too.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hey folks! Sorry you’re having trouble—this error appears when WebGL is not enabled in your browser. Dynamic lighting uses WebGL, a Javascript API for rendering high-performance interactive 3D and 2D graphics without the use of plug-ins. WebGL is available on most computer systems and is supported by Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, the browsers for which Roll20 is optimized. On Chrome and Firefox you’ll need to turn on Hardware Acceleration in your advanced settings. You can test whether WebGL works using  this link . Please submit a Help Center request if this doesn't solve your issue.

Edited 1656136614
Hmm, i changed the settings accordingly, but it seems the issue is still happening. I'm gonna try to check if there's an update to my graphic card's driver. ---------------------------------------- OK, so if anyone still having issues, i've found the workaround. Open a new tab and go to about:config , then search for webgl.disabled. If the value turns out to be true, change it into false. Then close and restart the browser. I tried it and it resolved the issue! Thank you for explaining the error is about WebGL, Ashton!
I'm having the same issue. This only happened within the last two weeks. I have hardware acceleration on and have WebGL enabled in Chrome but I'm still getting this error and can't open my game. Firefox works just fine.  I have the most recent version of Chrome:  Version 104.0.5112.102 (Official Build) (64-bit) Is there anything else I can do to fix this so it works on Chrome? I've never had this error before now. 
Also I just had TypeError problem: d20.engine.finishCurrentPolygon. I followed the directions but nothing still the error persists so I will have to hope it fixes itself and cancel all campaigns in progress for the time being
I am having a similar issue to Rameses and would like to be informed if there is a fix for Chrome. 
I, too, am having the same issue using 104.0.5112.102 (Official Build) (64-bit) and I turned on all the webgl and anything with the word "acceleration" in it on the chrome://flags  page.
If I go to Chrome system settings and turn off  the use hardware acceleration, then it works!
I have this problem now too.. Was using it just fine minutes ago then when i go to do something in one game i cant log in to the game
Drackus said: I have this problem now too.. Was using it just fine minutes ago then when i go to do something in one game i cant log in to the game I fixed it by going in the Chrome settings tab and just turning off the "use hardware accelerator when available" so that should fix it for yall and you dont have to touch anything else

Edited 1660962461
Same issue. There is no webgl related options for a 32bit version of chrome. That or my graphics device is too old to run webgl. Yet firefox runs the vtt just fine.

Edited 1661099097
Drackus said: Drackus said: I have this problem now too.. Was using it just fine minutes ago then when i go to do something in one game i cant log in to the game I fixed it by going in the Chrome settings tab and just turning off the "use hardware accelerator when available" so that should fix it for yall and you dont have to touch anything else Drackus said: Drackus said: I have this problem now too.. Was using it just fine minutes ago then when i go to do something in one game i cant log in to the game I fixed it by going in the Chrome settings tab and just turning off the "use hardware accelerator when available" so that should fix it for yall and you dont have to touch anything else Hey Dracus That worked for me too!! I've turned on WEBGL on chrome://flags  just like the admin said so and I also turned off hardware aceleration, after that I reinstalled my scripts ! And now it is working fine 
I have a PC with chrome and DISABLING the "Use hardware acceleration when available" setting and then selecting "relaunch" made the fatal error stop. I'm sure everyone knows this but just in case: the disable option is in chrome settings under "system" 

Edited 1661540270
Gauss
Forum Champion
Gathering up things into a single post. Based on discussion what is probably happening is that for some people's Chrome WebGL is probably disabled or running at reduced performance.&nbsp; Formerly you would get an endless load, now you get the error message.&nbsp; How to check your WebGL:&nbsp; 1) Type&nbsp; chrome://gpu &nbsp;in your address bar and see if your WebGL is either disabled or running at reduced performance.&nbsp; 2) Go to&nbsp; <a href="https://get.webgl.org/" rel="nofollow">https://get.webgl.org/</a> &nbsp;and see if you can see a spinning 3d box.&nbsp; If your WebGL is disabled or running at reduced performance, and/or you do not see a spinning box then you are having problems with your WebGL.&nbsp; Some possible resolutions:&nbsp; 3) One user &nbsp;suggests opening a new tab and typing&nbsp; about:config &nbsp;in your address bar, then searching for webgl.disabled . If the value is "true" change it to "false", close and restart the browser.&nbsp; 4) Many users have had success by turning off Hardware Acceleration. Here is a guide to doing that. &nbsp; Normally Roll20 suggests having Hardware Acceleration turned on, but obviously if WebGL is failing with it turned on, you may need to have it off until there is a fix for your WebGL being broken.&nbsp; 5) A final solution, use another browser such as Firefox or maybe Edge. Note: Roll20 only officially supports Firefox and Chrome but many people find that Edge works just fine.&nbsp;

Edited 1662148505
Gauss
Forum Champion
Update: some users are reporting Chrome has fixed this as of today or yesterday. Please update your Chrome and check to see if it is still an issue for you.&nbsp;
Gauss said: Update: some users are reporting Chrome has fixed this as of today or yesterday. Please update your Chrome and check to see if it is still an issue for you.&nbsp; It's still an issue for me.&nbsp; Pedro M. said: Drackus said: Drackus said: I have this problem now too.. Was using it just fine minutes ago then when i go to do something in one game i cant log in to the game I fixed it by going in the Chrome settings tab and just turning off the "use hardware accelerator when available" so that should fix it for yall and you dont have to touch anything else Drackus said: Drackus said: I have this problem now too.. Was using it just fine minutes ago then when i go to do something in one game i cant log in to the game I fixed it by going in the Chrome settings tab and just turning off the "use hardware accelerator when available" so that should fix it for yall and you dont have to touch anything else Hey Dracus That worked for me too!! I've turned on WEBGL on chrome://flags &nbsp;just like the admin said so and I also turned off hardware aceleration, after that I reinstalled my scripts ! And now it is working fine&nbsp; And I can find thei WEBGL on chrome://flags &nbsp;like someone say
Gauss
Forum Champion
Il fiero Grifopollo said: It's still an issue for me.&nbsp; Could you follow the steps below and report what you find?&nbsp; 1)&nbsp; Type "chrome://gpu" (without quotes) into Chrome's address bar, and then copy/paste what it says for the section "Graphics Feature Status". 2) Go to&nbsp; <a href="https://get.webgl.org/" rel="nofollow">https://get.webgl.org/</a> &nbsp;and report whether you see a spinning cube. 3) Go to the three dots in the top right corner of Chrome, hover on "Help", then "About Google Chrome". Report the version number you are using.&nbsp;
I have this problem just started happening - I did Settings -&gt; System and turned hardware acceleration off and it seems to work now. It also worked under Firefox.
Chrome Version 105.0.5195.102
Gauss
Forum Champion
MarkB said: Chrome Version 105.0.5195.102 Could you report the results of #1 and #2 above? Thank you.&nbsp;

Edited 1664444474
I was fine on Monday, and here I am barely on Thursday and suddenly this fatal error occurs for me, too. Luckily Mozilla is still okay for now? I do see the spinning cube just fine. I updated Chrome, my GPU, tried hardware acceleration both on and off, restarted the computer, and still no dice. But...Chrome on my phone &nbsp;works. And Mozilla on this computer works. Chrome Version 106.0.5249.62 (Official Build) (64-bit) Graphics Feature Status Canvas:&nbsp; Hardware accelerated Canvas out-of-process rasterization:&nbsp; Enabled Direct Rendering Display Compositor:&nbsp; Disabled Compositing:&nbsp; Hardware accelerated Multiple Raster Threads:&nbsp; Enabled OpenGL:&nbsp; Enabled Rasterization:&nbsp; Hardware accelerated Raw Draw:&nbsp; Disabled Video Decode:&nbsp; Hardware accelerated Video Encode:&nbsp; Hardware accelerated Vulkan:&nbsp; Disabled WebGL:&nbsp; Hardware accelerated WebGL2:&nbsp; Hardware accelerated WebGPU:&nbsp; Hardware accelerated Edit: I actually just resolved it shortly after thumbing through some things. In chrome://flags , &nbsp;I enabled&nbsp;WebGL Developer Extensions and&nbsp;WebGL Draft Extensions, relaunched, then disabled them and relaunched, then cleared the cache. I'm not certain what changed exactly in that hodge-podge, but hopefully this sheds some light on things.&nbsp;
I have Chrome version 105.0.5195.127. I just tried turning off the hardware accelerator and relaunched. I'm now able to load up my Roll20 game and map. Hopefully it works when I game this weekend.&nbsp;