Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Card Decks affecting Game Screen

I need to keep one deck of game cards out but need to have the screen at 30% and I am finding the way the deck is designed, theres an overlay where its hard to maneuver tokens, etc without the deck getting in the way. Hovering near it enables the deck options which is annoying. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
have you tried resizing the deck in game settings?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi John! Can you post a screen shot demonstrating the problem? Seeing what you actually need done (maybe with some annotation lines to show what you need) might help one of us come up with a solution. For example, the appearance of the deck and the deck interface is controllable with Stylus. 
I need the cards to be some large enough to see when they are played. I don't know if cards and card deck sizes are independent of each other or not? So manipulating tokens etc near the 9 on the screen keeps getting interfered with because of the deck on the screen. if the size of the game board is what it is, so be it but didnt know if there were any other ways or ideas.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Your grid of 10 cards pretty much forms a rectangle. Where would you put the deck interface, other than just add some room to the right side of you card layout? I.e. where would you like the deck interface to sit?
To keep it at 30%, I guess there's no spot for the card deck to be that wont take room. In order to make room, I have to make the board smaller than 30% which wont work. Is there a way to make the deck size smaller on the screen yet have the cards drawn and played at a larger size? So the deck showing on board is smaller, yet the cards taken are a larger size? OR anyway of making the deck not scroll down and be stationary in one spot?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The cards are whatever size you have set them to display at. Is this a marketplace deck? In any case, you can click on the deck in the collections tab and set the card size as played if you want to overrule the actual image size:
yes, I have them set so they are readable when played. Looks like if i want that to happen, i need to keep the deck on the board that size unfortunately.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That interface can be resized through Stylus. I can help with that, but I don't see where it can be put. You are using all of the available space. Do you have a suggestion of where to put it or what size to make it?
I'm assuming theres no way to make the deck stationary? I'll assume not. I have the cards in the deck at 425 by 700 because I need them that big when put down on the playing space. However IF the deck itself can be resized, it wouldnt matter where it would be as long as its smaller. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I assume you mean stationary in relation to objects on the VTT, not to the interface itself? Then no, the deck is an interface element and its position is defined in relation to other interface elements. However, this Stylus style might do what you need: #showndecks{         max-height: 550px;         overflow-y: visible; } #showndecks .deckstack{   right:-100%;   width: calc(100% - 60px); } On hover: Resting state:
Amazing help!  That's exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated!
I'm assuming you can't eliminate the transparent rectangle shape that shows up when hovering over deck like in the screenshot.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
With some time and effort, probably, but this was a quick job. I assumed that while hovering, the interface would be the focus and not an issue.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sorry, I took a good stab at it. I can't find the css that defines the translucent box. It might be code-generated?
Thanks for the stab at it, The deck size will be very helpful and for that I thank you!