Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Downtime System 5e

Edited 1656088888
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Hello, it is I once again. I finally have the Downtime System in a Place where I think it is okay to share with everyone. Important Note: I have NOT made the craft and research yet. I will be adding that soon. So for now, consider this an early beta release of the Script! Side Note: For anyone that would like to support me as I make more Scripts, you can do so here REALLY IMPORTANT: This Script does NOT work without ChatSetAttr, so make sure to download that as well before using this Script. You can download it here  or you can just install it. Features: A System where all Downtime Options are in one place and every option is completely automated. Buttons for your clicking pleasure Automatic gold removal Display of Downtime per Character Ability to set Downtime of ALL Characters Ability to set Downtime of only a certain Character. GitHub Repository GitHub Gist How To Use: !down - opens the Downtime Menu for Players and the GM. Players will have a different menu from the GM. (Players need to select their character to be the one they're speaking as before issuing the command) !down --sel - opens the Downtime Menu for Character of a selected Token. (This requires you to select a Token before issuing the command) !down --name {name} - opens the Downtime Menu for a specific Character based on Name. (This will not work if multiple Characters share the same name) !down --charid {id} - opens the Downtime Menu for a specific Character based on ID. Here is a little Guide on how to use the Script. First of all, either select one of the sub-options of the command OR select the character as the one you#re speaking as before you issue the !down command. This is not necessary for the GM. Then there will be a menu in the chat for the one that has issued the Command. If you have not set up any Downtime, then the Buttons will not work as a certain amount of time is needed for each Activity. The amount of time is displayed in the GM-Notes and in the Menu that the Players see. The Player Menu: The GM Menu: The GM will be able to edit the downtime of all Characters. If the GM issues the command with one of the suboptions, he will be able to edit the downtime of that specific character. For the Players: If you click on "Brew Potion", there will be a prompt, which asks you to input the Rarity and the Amount you wish to craft. Afterwards, there will be another menu in the chat, which will allow you to specify which Potion you would like to brew and how many. When you click "Brew Potion", it will add the desired Potion and remove the money as well as the Downtime. When you click work, there will once again be another prompt, which asks you what skill or tool you wish to use and for how long you wish to work. It will automatically give you the money when you have chosen all this. Next, when you click on Train, it will give you a few more prompts. After which, there will be another menu in chat, where you can once again specify what you would like to train. And last but certainly not least, the Crime option. Click this, select a skill or tool and another menu will appear in Chat. Put in a targeted value and the DC will update automatically. The GM will be notified on how many of the three checks you pass or fail.
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
UPDATE Added Handouts for logging Downtime Activities fixed some small issues GitHub Repository GitHub Gist
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
ChatSetAttr can be installed from the API menu, and doesn't need to be downloaded and installed manually. API looks nice :D
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Andreas J. said: ChatSetAttr can be installed from the API menu, and doesn't need to be downloaded and installed manually. API looks nice :D Yep yep, forgot about that one, thanks for reminding!

Edited 1656333556
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
UPDATE v0.9b Created Research Option Created Gambling Option Fixed Handouts Fixed a bug in the Downtime Menu GitHub Repository GitHub Gist
Interesting script, but I am getting errors.  Was trying to train Carpenter's Tools. TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined at apiscript.js:42451:77 at Function.each (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore-node-f.cjs:1323:7) at getHandoutNum (apiscript.js:42448:11) at train (apiscript.js:43391:21) at handleInput (apiscript.js:41992:17) at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:168:1), <anonymous>:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:168:1), <anonymous>:70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1739:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147)
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Darryn said: Interesting script, but I am getting errors.  Was trying to train Carpenter's Tools. TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined at apiscript.js:42451:77 at Function.each (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore-node-f.cjs:1323:7) at getHandoutNum (apiscript.js:42448:11) at train (apiscript.js:43391:21) at handleInput (apiscript.js:41992:17) at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:168:1), <anonymous>:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:168:1), <anonymous>:70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1739:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) Thanks for the feedback. Will look into that and give an Update once I fixed it.
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Update v0.9c Fixed an issue with the training option Fixed an issue with the Handouts Started working on adding the Crafting Option GitHub Repository #1 GitHub Repository #2 GitHub Gist
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
@Julexar - Please check your PMs... I sent you a note about the OneClick setup.
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Update v0.9d Hey everyone, it's me again! I'm happy to announce the almost completed version of the Downtime System! I'm working on adding all the Items as quickly as possible and I will likely release the full version soon! What Changed? Created Craft Option Started work on Item List GitHub Repository GitHub Gist
Hey this seems awesome, I really want to use in my game! However, I dont know how to setup the downtimes. When I use the !down command for a character it lets me set the # and which time interval, but then it only has min bet & max bet. No matter what time amount I choose it only has min bet & max bet. I must be missing something. Do I type it into the handouts? If so, is there a format to follow? Will it always make a handout each time? Are there any commands from the ChatSetAttr I should be using? Any info to help would be great. Thanks for working on the script, cheers.
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
TreesAreTough said: Hey this seems awesome, I really want to use in my game! However, I dont know how to setup the downtimes. When I use the !down command for a character it lets me set the # and which time interval, but then it only has min bet & max bet. No matter what time amount I choose it only has min bet & max bet. I must be missing something. Do I type it into the handouts? If so, is there a format to follow? Will it always make a handout each time? Are there any commands from the ChatSetAttr I should be using? Any info to help would be great. Thanks for working on the script, cheers. It creates a new handout when you change the downtime of a character or all characters at the moment. I am planning on adding the option to modify the downtime of an already exisiting handout, so look forward to the full release ^^
Looks very good, but I just used dm option to create downtime for all the player characters and it created handouts for all Archived characters and NPCs.  I've a lot of deleting to do :(
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into improving it so that it doesn't create for archived characters/NPCs