Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Handout Stacking would be better if Staggered

Edited 1656151719
  I have a game where I shoot players multiple handouts at many points in the game.  These handouts when 'shown to players' stack neatly on top of each other, hiding the ones beneath.   Would it be easy to fix it to where each handout shown to players staggers a bit from the previous, possibly cycling a loop of slightly different placements each time the 'Show to players' option is used on a handout?  So that if I show three handouts in a fairly short succession parts of the frames of all three handouts would still be visible without moving them around.  This way Players would instantly be aware of how many handouts they've just been shown.
Gold
Forum Champion
Great idea. I always end up staggering each new Handout that pops up, by hand, in anticipation of the "hidden handout" issue. I mean I love the way Roll20 tabletop remembers the position and window size of your Handouts and Sheets, when you double-click the top line to minimize them. Even if you moved the minimized bar. That's cool.  So you can stagger the minimized top-bars of each handout by hand and they stick where you stack them (for that game session). Sure would be nice if, like your idea, the Handouts drop with a stacked sequence in the first place. I will come back and add +1 when I get a free Vote on this site
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .