Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Handouts won't save my formatting sometimes

Hi everyone, As the title indicates, I've noticed some weird behaviors with handouts over the last few months and wondered if anyone knows a way around them. Here's a list of the things I've noticed : Unordered lists messing with tabulations and breaking the handout format. Underlining not saved after saving changes on a handout. Applying background color or resetting background color on text removes table background color. Horizontal rules messing with Styles and tabulations. One very inconvenient workaround that I found is copying text from a handout where formatting works (for instance, I'll copy underlined text and write over it, and then it will work on the bugged handout for some reason). Thanks in advance y'all.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Where are you getting "table background color"? I did not think that possible with the built-in editing controls. (If pasting formatted text from another application, you will almost certainly get unexpected results.)
keithcurtis said: Where are you getting "table background color"? I did not think that possible with the built-in editing controls. (If pasting formatted text from another application, you will almost certainly get unexpected results.) The table background color is from Word, so I guess that would explain that. But sometimes I do create new handouts and they show these behaviors, especially the underlining issue.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not sure about the not saving bit, but pasting styled text from Word or other places should be avoided if you can. Is there any way you can consistently reproduce the issue using Roll20 formatting?
For most of my handouts I think I can, there are a few exceptions (like custom character sheets made using tables). However this is a daunting process, having to rewrite thousands of handouts... but thanks for the heads up!
Boris said: For most of my handouts I think I can, there are a few exceptions (like custom character sheets made using tables). However this is a daunting process, having to rewrite thousands of handouts... but thanks for the heads up! If there are not tables involved, just copy / paste your text to a normal editor and from there to the Handout in Roll20 as this removes every formatting there was... it is not much, but at least you don't have to worry about the text...
If there are not tables involved, just copy / paste your text to a normal editor and from there to the Handout in Roll20 as this removes every formatting there was... it is not much, but at least you don't have to worry about the text... Thanks for the tip!