Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Combat tracker issue

I'm not sure when this issue started, since my group is in town and hasn't had a combat in about a month, but today when I was setting things up I noticed the tracker not functioning correctly. If the tracker is not open, any initiative rolls show up in chat but the tracker doesn't open. Once I open the tracker, there is nothing in it until someone else rolls initiative, then all previous rolls suddenly appear in the tracker. Previously, when someone rolled initiative the tracker would open and their roll would appear. If the tracker is open before rolling begins, then everything works normally. I've tested this on Firefox 102 64-bit under Ubuntu 22.04 and on Firefox 102 32-bit under Windows 7 and the issue is the same.
Aelanna said: I'm not sure when this issue started, since my group is in town and hasn't had a combat in about a month, but today when I was setting things up I noticed the tracker not functioning correctly. If the tracker is not open, any initiative rolls show up in chat but the tracker doesn't open. Once I open the tracker, there is nothing in it until someone else rolls initiative, then all previous rolls suddenly appear in the tracker. Previously, when someone rolled initiative the tracker would open and their roll would appear. If the tracker is open before rolling begins, then everything works normally. I've tested this on Firefox 102 64-bit under Ubuntu 22.04 and on Firefox 102 32-bit under Windows 7 and the issue is the same. Noticed this as well just recently... before they introduced lazy loading everything was fine... since then there is this issue...
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes, that’s been happening for a while. I suggest sorting the tracker, that makes everything appear again. 
Well yeah, if I open the tracker everything appears and works normally. It just won't open upon a roll any more. It's not a major issue, but I wanted someone to be aware of it. I can workaround by just making sure I open the tracker before anybody rolls.
Aelanna said: Well yeah, if I open the tracker everything appears and works normally. It just won't open upon a roll any more. It's not a major issue, but I wanted someone to be aware of it. I can workaround by just making sure I open the tracker before anybody rolls. Since this Bug was introduced with a Change of roll20 you might want to create a Ticket for the devs fixing it. Although it is only a minor annoyance but it does not need to exist (and other VTTs do NOT have said bugs!)