Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Forum notification issues...

Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
I have a couple of players who have never, or are no longer, receiving emails for site notifications even though they have indicated in their preferences that they want the emails (either immediately or a daily archive). Yes, they've checked their spam filters and nothing. One player never received them. The other player received them until recently (a month or so ago). Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a simple fix?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Have they gone into their account and double checked their email addresses? I'm assuming the answer is yes but it doesnt hurt to ask.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll ask, but that wouldn't explain how someone stopped receiving notifications they had previously been receiving. Worth a shot, though.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Depending on their email service, the notifications could be geting stopped at their server for some reason. If it is gmail, yahoo, or something like that, have them go in and check their settings also. Sometimes a misclick will send the email straight to the trash. If it is not that then I'm not sure what to suggest other than have them change their roll20 notification to none and wait a few hours (this will let it sync) then change it back to see if that might straighten it out.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
That's pretty much what I recommended. :)
Yahoo in particular has gotten notorious for blocking whole ranges of email addresses. It never even makes it to your spam filter, but is blocked on the server level.
Tom, if you can, let us know if any of those suggestions have worked or not. If it hasn't improved, please instruct those individuals having the issue to post in this thread.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Will do.