Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Finding roll templates

I'm using the Fallout 2d20 sheet by Roll20.  How can I suss out the roll templates for the sheet? In general is there a way to do this for a given game?

Edited 1657687662
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You can try making rolls from the sheet, then click in the text chat input box and use the UP arrow key to see the last command sent to chat.  You should see the macro text which can help decipher the keys being used by the roll template.  ie {{foo=}} 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you roll something from the sheet, put your cursor in the chat, then hit the up arrow, that should display the last command given.  Do that for a few different rolls and that should give you a place to start tinkering.
omfg, how did I not know that?

Edited 1657706373
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If that method doesn't work (but it should), you can also check to see if the sheet has a oage on the wiki. Any sheet rolltemplate is usually described there, and will tell you how to set the rolltemplate up. As a final desperate measure, you an look at the html sheet's code on <a href="https://github.com/roll20/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/roll20/roll20-character-sheets</a> Seach the html sheet for the text sheet-rolltemplate- whatever is immediately after that is the name of the rolltemplate. You can repeat the search to find if there are more rolltemplates. If you know what you are doing, you can examine the rolltemplate to find out what keys it accepts (like {{#die=) and what that key does. But that's a bigger topic for a thread comment :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Unfortunately, the github route probably won't work in this particular case. This is an official "by Roll20" sheet, and the code for those is proprietary. The Fallout sheet does not have a page on either wiki nor Help Center either.