Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Companion App (Roll20 Mobile) - Updates, Bugs, & Feedback

TheMotherShip said: Hello, App just keeps getting better for us! One small issue noted with the new update (I think). One of my characters sheets has suddenly stopped loading up and goes to an error page that says "Coming soon! NPC sheets aren't supported in Roll20 Mobile - yet! Check back soon and upvote on our product board!" I can not find anything on his sheet that marks him as an NPC and so far his is the only one doing it...any ideas? I fully accept it could be a user error thing, just need to get it figured out :-) TIA Thanks for the report! This is something we've gotten a few reports on so we're going to look into it. Could you send an official bug report from the app itself? That captures some device information that may be helpful in pinpointing the bug, and then I can add your report officially to our ticket. You may be able to check and uncheck "This is an NPC" on the desktop settings to reset this in the meantime, but I haven't been able to replicate this issue yet so I'm not certain. I know that's a pain though even if it does work, so we'll be working on a fix ASAP.

Edited 1649878685
Nicole B.
Roll20 Team
Hey friends! We just sent a new version of the app out to your devices. One big update today: Full D&D 5e Compendium Search! This means all books in the D&D 5e rulesystem that you own or are shared with you will now be available on your phones. Abyssal chicken? Check. Jerbeen? Check. Falling rocks monster to kill the entire party because they avoided all your pit traps with spider climbing boots stretched over their heavy boots? You may need to homebrew that one. Both iOS and Android are now on version 1.2.2 . As always, please give the apps a few days to get through review and rolled out to your devices. Hope you enjoy!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Pretty darn zippy from a quick check!
Cornelius F.
Pro
Compendium Curator
Is there any timeline when (or if) the DSA / TDE (DasSchwazeAuge/TheDarkEye) will be supported on the companion app?

Edited 1650488404
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Cornelius F. said: Is there any timeline when (or if) the DSA / TDE (DasSchwazeAuge/TheDarkEye) will be supported on the companion app? I believe that is a community created sheet, so that is entirely up to whoever wrote that sheet or is currently maintaining it. Roll20 won't be updating community sheets to make them app compatible.
Cornelius F.
Pro
Compendium Curator
It’s created by Roll20 Partner, Ulisses Spiele, so i guess you’re right?  Thanks.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Ah, I missed that one was done (or contracted) by the publisher.  Yes, it would be up to them or their contractor to make those alterations.
I just signed up and I'm having the exact same issue. I can log in on Browser fine, changed the password, but it just says "Invalid username or password" every time on the app.  Nicole B. said: Fellow Human said: Fairly straightforward problem: I can't log in on the companion app.  It says invalid username or password. As a test, I changed my password on desktop and then tried again to log in on my phone.  Still no luck.  Then I changed it back to the original password, and tried to log in again on my phone after that.  Still no luck. As another test, I tried a different roll20 account, but using the same companion app on my same phone.  That one actually worked!  So it seems that my account, specifically, is somehow locked out of the companion app. As another test, I opened the roll20.net website in my phone's browser, and logged in there using my own normal account.  That let me log in.  Tried again in the mobile app immediately afterwards, and of course it still says my password is wrong. Initially I thought that this might be because, before logging into the new companion app, I tried several times to log into the old, discontinued app (without realizing it was discontinued) and that perhaps my account was locked from mobile logins due to the repeated failures.  However, I can log in on desktop just fine, and also it's now been over two weeks since I swapped to the new app.  So if my account was ever locked due to failed logins, it has surely been unlocked by now. Device is a Galaxy A71 5G running Android 11.  Was initially using app version 1.0.5 build 141, but updated to version 1.0.6 build 142, which didn't solve the problem. Thanks so much for the detailed report! We have seen some reports of login issues, but this gives us enough detail to see if we can link these accounts together and nail down a common thread between the accounts. I'll be making a ticket for this for sure. TheMotherShip said: Thank you for your answer Nicole, I went to the portal and submitted my ideas and a few more! Happy Holidays! No problem! As promised, I double checked back with the team today and inventory management at that level isn't on the immediate radar for the 5e mobile character sheet. Product portal is also a good place for that feedback. :) Small-but-big update: Last week, we released a fix for the bug that's been blanking out the attacks of some characters. Thanks so much for all of your patience. You don't need to update your apps, the latest version of the character sheet is already on your devices. If you continue to see this bug, please report it here or through the Bug Reporting button in the app so we can investigate further.
Im having a problem with the combat tab.  All of the listed attacks - Both spells and weapon attacks do not display damage values, as in it would look as follows:  Battleaxe +1 +5 Attack         0+Str Slashing  When rolling it calculates the right amount of damage but the displayed roll would look as follows: Slashing 0   = 8 (when a 5 was rolled on a d8 plus 3 from strength) More details: Im using the D&D 5E by Roll20 sheet I have tried on my Samsung Galaxy s10e and my Apple Ipad 2018 (6th gen) - I encounter the problem on both devices. It is a problem with all characters of the campaign App version: 1.2.2 build 175 It looks perfectly fine in a browser
Esben Gustav K. said: Im having a problem with the combat tab.  All of the listed attacks - Both spells and weapon attacks do not display damage values, as in it would look as follows:  Battleaxe +1 +5 Attack         0+Str Slashing  When rolling it calculates the right amount of damage but the displayed roll would look as follows: Slashing 0   = 8 (when a 5 was rolled on a d8 plus 3 from strength) More details: Im using the D&D 5E by Roll20 sheet I have tried on my Samsung Galaxy s10e and my Apple Ipad 2018 (6th gen) - I encounter the problem on both devices. It is a problem with all characters of the campaign App version: 1.2.2 build 175 It looks perfectly fine in a browser Thanks for the report! This is a known issue that's in our backlog to resolve. :)
Hi, I am aware of the bug with damage rolls, but with the app be updated to show the die and modifier for attack rolls? My party uses the app as an electronic sheet for in person play, but without this information it leave a huge gap, and requires them to open roll 20 in a browser when they need the reminder.
Frank said: Hi, I am aware of the bug with damage rolls, but with the app be updated to show the die and modifier for attack rolls? My party uses the app as an electronic sheet for in person play, but without this information it leave a huge gap, and requires them to open roll 20 in a browser when they need the reminder. Yeah, I get how this can be super annoying and it's definitely not going to be that way forever. I don't have an exact timeline right now, though. The damage rolls in the app do add the modifiers appropriately, but I pulled out my real dice myself last night so I understand preferring real math rocks and needing the modifier shown for that.
Is it possible to view previously reported bugs anywhere? It would be nice to know ahead of time if something has already been reported.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ian said: Is it possible to view previously reported bugs anywhere? It would be nice to know ahead of time if something has already been reported. Unfortunately, there is no user-facing bug log. I'd personally love it if there were, though I understand the reasoning. At this point, the only way to stay generally aware is to zealously read the forum threads every day.

Edited 1658092798
TLDR issue : Roll20 android phone app, Resources & Tools tab, resources of type @{repeating_resource_left_name} and @{repeating_resource_left_name} are not displaying correctly and are removed from phone application if any quantity value is updated.   Issues: Android phone app not displaying resources of type  @{repeating_resource_left_name} or @{repeating_resource_left_name}  correctly Android phone app is removing resources of type  @{repeating_resource_left_name} or @{repeating_resource_left_name}  when any resource quantity is updated. When Android phone app character profile is reopened after trouble shooting,  problem incorrect name and quantity problem restarts. Trouble shooting : Changing the resource name and  quantity  data from computer or phone app for type @{class_resource_name} or @{repeating_resource_name} results in  no issue. Changing the resource name and  quantity  data from the phone app for type @{repeating_resource_left_name} or @{repeating_resource_left_name} results in the phone app removed resource name and  quantity  being from phone app. I ncorrect  name and quantity  appears initially in phone app on profile start up  until quantity is updated. The user is then required to remove and add the  resources in computer app again resulting in phone app quantity being  fixed. Incorrect name appears until computer quantity is update than name and  quantity are displayed correctly.
In the most-recently available version of the app (downloaded today for all players, 4 iPhone and one Google) while playing Lost Mine of Phandelver (1.9) live at the game table, not only do damage values display oddly as noted above (example: "0+Str Slashing"), but there does not appear to be any obvious way to roll damage at all from the app. I tried setting players' Roll20 sheets to auto-roll damage from my laptop, but it made no difference. Am I missing something?
I think this is probably connected to the damage display problem - one of my players has a weapon with a DC 14 chance of blinding - in the char sheet it's written as Flat 14 and works fine on pc, but in the app it writes DC0 when hitting with the weapon - if I choose another form of DC (str or con for instance), then it works fine in the app, it's only the "flat" DC that it doesn't like.
I tried using the app with 5 other players last weekend we found the app not really user-friendly, Dice Rolls took more than 1 minute to roll.  there was no quick way to edit hitpoints but to tick down one at a time. We ended up just using the browsers version on our phones
Nicole B. said: Esben Gustav K. said: Im having a problem with the combat tab.  All of the listed attacks - Both spells and weapon attacks do not display damage values, as in it would look as follows:  Battleaxe +1 +5 Attack         0+Str Slashing  When rolling it calculates the right amount of damage but the displayed roll would look as follows: Slashing 0   = 8 (when a 5 was rolled on a d8 plus 3 from strength) More details: Im using the D&D 5E by Roll20 sheet I have tried on my Samsung Galaxy s10e and my Apple Ipad 2018 (6th gen) - I encounter the problem on both devices. It is a problem with all characters of the campaign App version: 1.2.2 build 175 It looks perfectly fine in a browser Thanks for the report! This is a known issue that's in our backlog to resolve. :) I've been having this same issue.  I reported it like maybe over 6 months ago and was told it was a known issue.  Is there a timeline for when this will get fixed?  Because it seems like nothing is getting updated with the app.
DM Camden said: Nicole B. said: Esben Gustav K. said: Im having a problem with the combat tab.  All of the listed attacks - Both spells and weapon attacks do not display damage values, as in it would look as follows:  Battleaxe +1 +5 Attack         0+Str Slashing  When rolling it calculates the right amount of damage but the displayed roll would look as follows: Slashing 0   = 8 (when a 5 was rolled on a d8 plus 3 from strength) More details: Im using the D&D 5E by Roll20 sheet I have tried on my Samsung Galaxy s10e and my Apple Ipad 2018 (6th gen) - I encounter the problem on both devices. It is a problem with all characters of the campaign App version: 1.2.2 build 175 It looks perfectly fine in a browser Thanks for the report! This is a known issue that's in our backlog to resolve. :) I've been having this same issue.  I reported it like maybe over 6 months ago and was told it was a known issue.  Is there a timeline for when this will get fixed?  Because it seems like nothing is getting updated with the app. The app and the mobile character sheet are going through some big changes behind-the-scenes right now, so it looks like nothing is happening but I promise that's not the case. This is still on our radar.