Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP][PAID][5E][D&D][Wednesday 6:00 - 9:00 pm CST][4 slots open] Call of the Netherdeep! Beginners welcome!

Time : Every Wednesday 6:00 - 9:00 pm Central time zone (weekly) (3 Hour Sessions) Slots Open : 4 Games will be $15 a session with Session Zero free. Basically think of it the cost of seeing a movie or having a dinner.&nbsp; Tone : Somewhere between casual and serious. Having horror and dramatic moments is usually what I strive for but having goofs along the way helps build a group! The Game : Long ago, a war between gods of good and evil scoured the surface of the world of Exandria. Both the noble Prime Deities and the selfish Betrayer Gods imbued their mortal champions with supernatural gifts that granted them strength enough to challenge their divine foes. Centuries later, two groups of adventurers are called upon to retrace a mythic hero’s steps and free him from his timeless prison. The tale begins in lands familiar to Critical Role fans—the war-scarred wastes of Xhorhas and the glimmering oasis city of Ank’Harel—but ultimately stretches beyond the Material Plane to a realm of lightless despair known as the Netherdeep." Call of the Netherdeep is an adventure that will take our players from 3rd level to 13th level. The story will take place along a journey discovering the failures of the gods, tormented individuals, and an unknown underwater and alien realm known as the Netherdeep. The themes of the game will be drifting more towards fantasy, drama, and horror. We of course are human so there will be comedy sprinkled in as it is a good way to release the tension from difficult moments. There will be monstrous foes, eccentric NPCs, and enigmatic gods. If you're looking for a tale of adventure into the unknown and horrific beings and mutations then you've come to the right place! About Me : I've been DMing since me and my friends stumbled upon 3.5 in Grade 9 so for about 17 years but with every new group I learn something new! I am very much rule of cool kind of GM and aim to build a story with you. If you're not having fun then I'm not doing what I should be doing for you as a GM so I try to keep a very open door policy. I've been running an Actual Play podcast called Ballad of the Seven Dice for four years and have been streaming TTRPG games for over a year, so I am very well versed on thinking on my toes and spinning the story to keep it exciting, engaging, and making sure your characters feel important and tied into the world. Requirements : Have a decent microphone. We'll be using zoom, so cameras are optional though i do find they help with reading body language when talking. Beginners are welcome. I have introduced so many people to D&amp;D I really don't mind walking through it with you and showing you the ropes. The biggest thing you need to bring to the table is a character and the ability to work well with others.&nbsp; Things excluded from my games . It's unfortunate that I have to list this but it is important to note. - Racism - Homophobia/Transphobia - Sexism - Sexual Assault - Violence to Children - Graphic Torture - Graphic Sex Scenes Roll20 LFG Listing <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/13492675/call-of-the-netherdeep" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/13492675/call-of-the-netherdeep</a> &nbsp; To Sign up <a href="https://startplaying.games/adventure/62d49c6607624cd1a10fd429" rel="nofollow">https://startplaying.games/adventure/62d49c6607624cd1a10fd429</a> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to me on this post and I'll be sure to get back to you right away!
Hello, I am interested in the campaign. I am looking for a game after my last campagin feel off due to schedule issues of some players. I have mostly played one shots (around 10), and 2 campaigns that were not completed (Strahd and Mines of phandelver). Mostly a beginner, but I like reading up on rules and stuff like that. Some questions I have regarding the campaign: - What races/classes are available for the setting? - I am not familiar with the critical role campaign (only listened to one or two episodes), would that be an issue? - Regarding safety tools mentioned, I was able to google most of them, but couldnt find anything on "Open door". Regards.
1658450907

Edited 1658451207
Canelongo said: Hello, I am interested in the campaign. I am looking for a game after my last campagin feel off due to schedule issues of some players. I have mostly played one shots (around 10), and 2 campaigns that were not completed (Strahd and Mines of phandelver). Mostly a beginner, but I like reading up on rules and stuff like that. Some questions I have regarding the campaign: - What races/classes are available for the setting? - I am not familiar with the critical role campaign (only listened to one or two episodes), would that be an issue? - Regarding safety tools mentioned, I was able to google most of them, but couldnt find anything on "Open door". Regards. Hey Canelongo, Sorry to hear your game fizzled out. You don't have to worry about experience or knowing the critical role lore, I will happily explain it as we go along! For races and classes I'm very open to whatever you'd like to use. If you want homebrew stuff then I'll need to look over it and potentially adjust it if it's too powerful but all in all anything in a book I'm pretty ok with. As for Open door, basically that means if you ever have an issue in real life and you need to back out of the game for a few sessions then there is no worries, we will be happy to have you back when you're good. If you need to bow out entirely that is also not an issue, we are playing a fun dice game after all. Please let me know if you have any other questions!
1658498967

Edited 1658499572
I dont really go for homebrew stuff, so it wont be an issue most likely. My last characters were a warforged, leonin and aasimar so I was more concerned about limits on races available.For now I am watching some videos and reading about the setting. I checked the link you provided for signing up, but it has the schedule set for Friday instead of Wednesday.&nbsp;
Canelongo said: I dont really go for homebrew stuff, so it wont be an issue most likely. My last characters were a warforged, leonin and aasimar so I was more concerned about limits on races available.For now I am watching some videos and reading about the setting. I checked the link you provided for signing up, but it has the schedule set for Friday instead of Wednesday.&nbsp; Yeah I'm totally down for majority out there. If there was ever an issue I would work with you to make the character you want to have happen, happen. Also thanks for catching that! It is definately Wednesday, I fixed the scheduling on the link. Please let me know if you have any other questions!