Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Help with dungeon map resizing

I've been trying to make some large dungeon maps by the usual click-&-drag method from the art gallery. But I was wondering if it's possible to resize a group of map objects rather than resizing each individual tile and object. Right now, I group the whole map, then right-click and click "set dimensions." but when I change the dimensions, only one tile or object will resize and the rest of the map stays the same. It's kinda frustrating, lol! :D Is there a simpler way to make large maps than resizing each tile after you place it on the map?
Have you tried the align to grid function?  With your map on the map layer and grid enabled right click and select Advaned, Align to grid, then follow the instructions.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Jeremiah, if I understand you correctly you are making a large map using multiple peices?  If so, no there is no way within Roll20 to resize multiple peices at once. However, what you can do is resize one, and if all the others are the same size use the set dimensions function to set them to the same dimensions as the first one.  - Gauss
Got it, thanks! Yeah, I tried using the align to grid function on a group of objects, and it never worked. Now I know why, lol! It looks like I'm going to have to stick to resizing each piece individually, as I usually use a dungeon builder set I bought from the marketplace, so the pieces are not all the same size. Thanks for the info, I was beginning to get a little frustrated thinking I just didn't know how to do it right :P
Gauss
Forum Champion
One thing you could do is assemble your peices in an image editor like GIMP and then load that into Roll20.  - Gauss
Sounds like a good idea, thanks!