Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Crown of the Oathbreaker book and Charactermancer not getting along

I recently bought Crown of the Oathbreaker and when it comes to this book's subclass features I can't seem to use them with Charactermancer unless I edited the character sheet directly or customized one that already exists. I made sure to add the modulators to my game so no that's not the problem the thing is I bought this book which happen to cost 100 bucks USD and so far I'm not happy with how I have to import everything as if I bought a PDF of it. When I buy a book from Wizards of the Coast or Kobold Press I don't have to deal with these issues why was this book so poorly ported into Roll 20 if I wanted to make custom sheets of this book I would have just bought a digital copy from the direct website. I can't even look at the book from my Compendium library. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to fix this cause I can't recommend anyone to buy this book from Roll20 because it's not worth the effort in the state it is in at the moment.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi thisGuy83! I don't see anything in the description of the product that says anything about compendium content or Charactermancer features. A lot of third party lacks that level of integration, since it's actually pretty complicated to implement. Usually if a product has Charactermancer integration, it will state it in the description, since as you noted, it's a strong selling point. There will probably be a lot more content like this as newer publishers begin porting their wares from One Book Shelf in the upcoming months. It might be good to respond directly to Elderbrain to see if they have any planes for deeper integration. And if not, you can always request a refund.
keithcurtis said: Hi thisGuy83! I don't see anything in the description of the product that says anything about compendium content or Charactermancer features. A lot of third party lacks that level of integration, since it's actually pretty complicated to implement. Usually if a product has Charactermancer integration, it will state it in the description, since as you noted, it's a strong selling point. There will probably be a lot more content like this as newer publishers begin porting their wares from One Book Shelf in the upcoming months. It might be good to respond directly to Elderbrain to see if they have any planes for deeper integration. And if not, you can always request a refund. Thank you for responding I'll be sure to look out for Compendium integration and Charactermance features in the future when I make purchases. I hope that Elderbrain takes a second look into this I just wrote them an E-mail about it and I also requested a refund on Roll20 for Crown of the Oathbreaker. I will be sure to double-check anything I purchase that is third party I really hope that more publishers think of DM's and Players in mind when it comes to the Charactermancer and Compendium option before just putting it on the Roll20 marketplace.
There's no current compendium support. I enquired about this on Twitter and they say it's in the pipeline and that previous purchases will get it once available:&nbsp; <a href="https://twitter.com/Blokka11/status/1546018266069417984" rel="nofollow">https://twitter.com/Blokka11/status/1546018266069417984</a>