Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What I need to know to create custom sheets

I know option to create custom sheets is paid so I would ask you guys before I purchase mentor sub. I know you need to know how to use HTML to make your own pretty sheets. Is there any work around it? Like some WYSIWYG program that can do it for me or some other quick way. I'm not looking to do all macro magic and all, just to create simple yet quite big sheet with fields to fill in, check-boxes, tables etc.Something similar to Torchbearer since game I'm after is Burning Wheel. Is HTML really necessary or is there any shortcut or trick?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A WYSIWYG editor which produces HTML (along the lines of Dreamweaver) could potentially be used, but you'd probably need to go in and make some manual edits right at the end.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
What Brian said. If you've not read the this forum post yet, I recommend you do. There is a link in there that explains how to create a character sheet and I found it very helpful. In fact, the only thing I can see a WYSIWYG editor helping with is the sizing of the various <div>s. Realize that your overall page size is around 840px, so you'll want your subcontainers to fit within that...unless you want to resize the window each time, and even then I find things get kind of funky. I found the easiest approach was using the predefined classes for <div>s that Roll20 provides. The approach I found the easiest to work with was a sheet-row class with sub-<div>s of sheet-col. I found using the 3col or 2col <divs> to be more of a hassle, because they have preset sizes that don't always work well for what I wanted to do. Going the -row with -cols route allowed me to set the size of each column and alter the number of columns needed. This allowed me to set up a header row of sorts without having to use a <table>. That was especially useful when working with the the repeating fields functionality. But, as always, YMMV.
Thanks for reply. I'll give it a go soon.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Any thoughts on how to make a Gestalt sheet for 3.5?