Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Take some Screenshots of your campaign and share!

Here are a few screenshots of three scenes from my currently running campaign. All maps were made purely with Roll20. The tokens however, I made in Photoshop. Enjoy!!! :)
Thanks for sharing! Cool stuff! I love the name of the Campaign, too "Official Badass Campaign" indeed.
My pleasure. I'll keep the community updated on our adventure with new screen caps as we progress. So look forward to that, and be wary of the "Unofficial Badass Campaign"... It may give the wrong impressions! xD
Cool! I have a screenshot from our game tonight, with a group of wily adventurers kicking the butt off a Zagoth and her brood. Took a little bit of time, but the slimy zagoth was no match for steel and fury. Oop, didn't read the last post there - hope I wasn't intruding; I can create a new thread if so.
The blacking out of the campaign share link has served it's intended purpose. Also, nice map!
Thanks for the share Chris! Keep 'em coming... maybe we could make this a screenshots thread.
Forgetting to screen cap with my full group, I attempted to recreate the scenes as best I could. This was a few pages from yesterdays run through the last half of this "questline". Enjoy! P.S. Riley... snooping my Test Campaign?! :P
Haha, no...there was a bug for about a week where when you created a campaign I was added as one of the players even if I had never been in the game. I'm surprised more people haven't asked about it. :-)
Ahhh, weird!
By the way, we're getting ready to update the main site and I'd love as many screenshots as I can get my hands on, so keep 'em coming!
I've just spent a few hours setting up a Fate layout for my campaign, using the draw and text tools. The poker chips are implemented as tokens, each player has control of his own colour. And I'll place tokens to check boxes etc. This page has a grid to assist neat placement of tokens in boxes that they fit exactly, but it is the same colour as the background and completely transparent. I did think of tiling the background with a photo of green baize, but the trouble it gave me with stacking, and the fact that we don't have rectangles with transparent fill made it more trouble than it was worth. UPDATE I have re-built the layout to make better use of snap-to-grid. A new screenshot replaces the old.
I'll have new shots on Wednesday the 6th!
Ezra
KS Backer
Here is our D&D game.
Chez
KS Backer
Not a game shot per se, but I was trying to figure out how to do a quick rules introduction for new players to my Savage Worlds game. The idea of pages in Roll20 inspired me to do a quick "classroom" style blackboard to brush over the high level details. All and all, it's about five minutes of exposition but I wanted the visuals to help make some of the concepts easy (if not fun) to remember during the game. Figured I'd share.
Wow, Matthew, those are great.
Mr G
KS Backer
Here's some screenshots for you. The first one is the welcome screen for my Stars Without Number RPG session. The second is an action scene from the same campaign in which the characters are involved in desperate hand to hand combat with alien bugs in an alien tomb inside a hollowed out asteroid. The third is from a strategic space conquest PBEM game of our own devising based on Star Fleet Battles.
I've done a new layout for my "Spirit of the Century" game. Now with a whiteboard!
D&D 4ed game in progress. The characters face off against a group of bandits and their dogs in an abandoned workshop. ( The new drawing tool make for excellent lightning effects. :) )
D&D 4ed game in progress. The characters face off against a group of bandits and their dogs in an abandoned workshop. ( The new drawing tool make for excellent lightning effects. :) ) Very cool! Did you have a lot of trouble getting the grid to match up with what seems to be a pre-gridded map?
D&D 4ed game in progress. The characters face off against a group of bandits and their dogs in an abandoned workshop. ( The new drawing tool make for excellent lightning effects. :) ) Very cool! Did you have a lot of trouble getting the grid to match up with what seems to be a pre-gridded map? It take a minute or so to get it right the first time but since the map is made in Dundjinni and I always use the same size when creating them its not a big problem. ( Turns out standard Dundjinni maps fits perfectly when dragged out to 160x200 ft.)
D&D 4ed game in progress. The characters face off against a group of bandits and their dogs in an abandoned workshop. ( The new drawing tool make for excellent lightning effects. :) ) Very cool! Did you have a lot of trouble getting the grid to match up with what seems to be a pre-gridded map? I've been using mostly pre-gridded maps from the cartographer's guild, and compared to Maptool I have a MUCH easier time lining most of them up here. With the exception being maps that have goofy padding widths. What I did in the case of those ones was load them in Photoshop and crop/add to the borders to make it more uniform.
Here's a few from my group's Keep on the Shadowfell/Thunderspire Labyrinth campaign.
Did you make the Thunderspire-2.png one yourself in Roll20 using the Dungeon Tileset? Or did you make it externally and import it as one big image?
externally and imported. I had done most of the groundwork pre-roll20, and I wasn't ambitious enough to reinvent the wheel. But my next one's going to be done in-house with tiles if I can.
Sorry to be a pain, can you post higher resolution ones if you get a chance, Ken? I'm thinking of putting some screenshots on the Roll20 homepage and those are great, but I'd like to offer a thumbnail + higher res version...
I was just setting up an encounter, so I took a screenshot for you. PS: Sorry for part of the task bar, seems Windows 7's "Alt+PrintScreen" feature has a bug.
Sorry to be a pain, can you post higher resolution ones if you get a chance, Ken? I'm thinking of putting some screenshots on the Roll20 homepage and those are great, but I'd like to offer a thumbnail + higher res version... Happy to oblige!
Sam
KS Backer
Cool! I have a screenshot from our game tonight, with a group of wily adventurers kicking the butt off a Zagoth and her brood. Took a little bit of time, but the slimy zagoth was no match for steel and fury. I saw that many-legged lizard on the main page earlier, and could really use it for the campaign I am running right now. Can you point me in the direction of the token? Edit: Never mind. Spotted it on Devin Night's token site.
I've re-built my FATE layout again using the overhauled drawing tools. Now that I have transparent fill to my rectangles the baize shows though inside the boxes. But I no longer have boxes with rounded corners! I'm in two minds about whether to convert my poker chips and the "this box is checked" marker from tokens to drawings. As drawings they would not have the radial menus (good) but would no longer snap to the grid (bad). Also, keeping them as tokens will cut down on the whinging from my players who find the two different select tools awkward.
players facing earth elementals on board the cargo vessel. Urban fantasy setting, GURPS. In this instant there are no health bars or any fancy stuff, we use roll20 just to track positions on the deck )
This is from a solo I was doing myself to properly calibrate a situation involving high-level battles in hostile environs with moving platforms. Doubt I'll throw such a situation at the players at their current level, but it's best to have it in my notes at least.
Mike
KS Backer
A few shots of our Keep of Shadowfell map - tiles made by me, follows map design of Shadowfell. Includes GM overlay of some areas - such as where some maps meet up with others and damage areas of special monsters.
Pleinair: Very cool! That's an awesome, creative looking encounter! Mike: Awesome use of the GM layer, that's exactly what we had in mind when we designed it.
Better late than never! Here are some new shots from my ongoing campaign. Unfortunately, for the second time in a row I forgot to screenshot while the players were there.
I've started construction on my prison break one-shot. Here's the jail cell that the PC's will wake up in.
This is a rough shot map I made in about 10 minutes with random art .png only about 8 or so distinct images all layered together to create an arena.
Sorry had to edit out the chat box.
Dan
KS Backer
Here are a few shots of my Burning Saxon Shores campaign - a Burning Wheel game set in historical Saxon England.
here is the first encounter the heroes will have. its the count's manor which will be infested with various elementals. i decided to stay with the draw tools to build/draw walls/stairs to keep a nostalgic feel from when i would hand draw on our old battle grid. this map took maybe 5 minutes tops. great tool!
Hi there! Here's Colossus and Wolverine about to take on The Mad Thinker's Awesome Android on the landing deck of SHIELD's Raft prison facility.
Here is a screenshot of Savage Worlds game, prior to the big battle:
Much more basic then my other maps, this is the opening scene for my game which took about 2 hours mapping. Only try spriting in another program, Roll20 doesn't support it well in the main engine, which makes sense.
Cthulu Dice! Used a deck of cards to re-create the die. Other than the GM having to shuffle the deck between each roll (no big deal, it's only two clicks) it works great.
Much more basic then my other maps, this is the opening scene for my game which took about 2 hours mapping. Only try spriting in another program, Roll20 doesn't support it well in the main engine, which makes sense. I love that look, very cool! So you're saying you had to do the actual background map layer in a different program? I think that's probably advisable just due to the sheer number of objects that are going to be present in a sprite-based map like that.
I did some tests on tokens and tried to make them look cooler. I'd be interested in hearing your Photoshop tips - especially on how to make useful stuff fast.
Haven't started playing yet but this is what I am trying to achieve playing Warhammer 40k.
matt p.
Marketplace Creator
The RP I'm running right now starts every session with a 'town building phase'. One of the players main (self made) goals is to get Mr. Creeperson (the weird old guy by the well) to go away forever. This could be difficult because he has five brothers that they will probably be encountering on their next quest phase.
I have no idea what game you're playing there Matt but it looks really interesting and the map and tokens have a nice style to them, they seem like they match, or at least suit each other well enough.
matt p.
Marketplace Creator
I'm using MYTHIC's fate chart and random tables as the base system, and improvising most of the rules from there. As for the art resources, anything I didn't make myself I'm borrowing from videogames( in this instance, just the background and little house by the well, which are both from pokemon games) I'm actually thinking of making some kind of starter set for other people who want to set up a similar campaign.
Pokemon, really? I'd never have guessed, then again I haven't played one since Red. Still, seems nice, if you don't mind me asking (and we can take this elsewhere if you care to answer but don't want to go too off-topic here) why are your group building a town, or helping one develop?
matt p.
Marketplace Creator
That's how the campaign is set up. The adventure party is sent off to help a failing village on the outskirts of the kingdom, and adventures happen in the process of turning the town into a bustling center of commerce, or in this case a weird tourist trap involving a boy in a well. So far it's working really well. I don't actually plan my campaigns, just give the setup if we need one (like 'theres a dragon living nearby! go investigate') and the adventure unfolds itself using the MYTHIC rules. I can see this working pretty well as an adventure kit though. It could include a clearing for the town, buildings the players can construct, and tokens of a variety of townsfolk to interact with/toss down the well.