Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Add a color theme to our account on the website

DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Dark mode on the website would be great. But in the short term? Let us choose a color other than pink. I really hate seeing this pink.
DnDPlay20 said: Dark mode on the website would be great. But in the short term? Let us choose a color other than pink. I really hate seeing this pink. Have a look at this here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11007921/odd-color-choice-for-everything-now" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11007921/odd-color-choice-for-everything-now</a> You are not the only one wishing for another color scheme...
DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
ty

Edited 1659644314
Gauss
Forum Champion
+1, Although I would expand it to be more than just themes.&nbsp; Fonts, font size, color, background color, and icon size....give control of these 5 things and most accessibility and preference issues become resolved.&nbsp; Between color and background color your contrast issues are resolved.&nbsp; Between fonts and font sizes and color control as above your readability issues are resolved.&nbsp; Icon size is just basic, many folks need larger than tiny icons for a variety of reasons.&nbsp; These are not just preference issues, they are also accessibility issues. One size does not fit all. High contrast solves some accessibility issues while low contrast solves others.&nbsp; Being able to change color settings helps for different types of accessibility issues, in addition to preference issues.&nbsp; Different fonts and font sizes help a variety of folks. Some fonts are more difficult to read with some eye conditions, others are more difficult to read for other conditions and of course, preference. One size does not fit all.&nbsp; This is really about inclusion, not just preference.
Gold
Forum Champion
Great points and way of putting it. Being able to control those 5 things, especially on a reading-oriented website, is the best.
If anyone needs a quick fix while Roll20 get it fixed, I recommend installing a high contrast Chrome Extension.
Can we change the fonts too? This new font is even worse than the new pink colors if you ask me.
Gauss said: +1, Although I would expand it to be more than just themes.&nbsp; Fonts, font size, color, background color, and icon size....give control of these 5 things and most accessibility and preference issues become resolved.&nbsp; Between color and background color your contrast issues are resolved.&nbsp; Between fonts and font sizes and color control as above your readability issues are resolved.&nbsp; Icon size is just basic, many folks need larger than tiny icons for a variety of reasons.&nbsp; These are not just preference issues, they are also accessibility issues. One size does not fit all. High contrast solves some accessibility issues while low contrast solves others.&nbsp; Being able to change color settings helps for different types of accessibility issues, in addition to preference issues.&nbsp; Different fonts and font sizes help a variety of folks. Some fonts are more difficult to read with some eye conditions, others are more difficult to read for other conditions and of course, preference. One size does not fit all.&nbsp; This is really about inclusion, not just preference. I'm glad that someone else has finally addressed the accessibility issue. This is an absolute ADA nightmare. Like best practice dictates, you should always run your page through an ADA checker. If you run any page of Roll20 through a checker right now you'll get more than just a mountain of contrast issues. They also do not include alt-text for pictures or most links.&nbsp;
Maxwell J. said: If anyone needs a quick fix while Roll20 get it fixed, I recommend installing a high contrast Chrome Extension. At least for the forums Keith has provided a quick fix with the Stylus Extension. It is linked in the other thread mentioned above ;)
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .