Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help][Mod/API] Creating a handout and applying markdown

Hey all! I'm trying to create a sector for Stars Without Number and I want handouts for each system so they look like this: Name: Catavlace, Type: System, Location: 0002 Name: Kiko, Type: Planet, Parent: Catavlace Name: Taytay 4, Type: Orbital Ruin, Parent: Kiko Name: Rong 2, Type: Research Base, Parent: Kiko Name: Jodhild, Type: Planet, Parent: Catavlace Name: Hunten 4, Type: Refueling Station, Parent: Jodhild Name: Barsukov 8, Type: Space Station, Parent: Jodhild Name: Bhor 4, Type: Space Station, Parent: Jodhild Name: Thorg, Type: System, Location: 0008 Name: Tabor, Type: Refueling Station, Parent: Thorg Name: Armuhez, Type: Planet, Parent: Thorg The important but is getting the nested list. Basically I used a website to generate my sector, created a python program to output the sector info to a text file that I'd like to use to generate handouts from. Again, most of that is stuff I'm going to figure out, but I can't find any documentation on how I'd create these lists like I want them inside the API for handouts. If anyone knows how I'd do this, or even if there's already a mod that does this that'd be great (I did do a brief search but didn't turn up anything that helped). Any help is appreciated!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Oh boy. There is an awesome mod for this. Stephen S.'s Markdown script. It allows you to set up a css style sheet to apply to markdown text you leave in the GM Notes area of the handout.