Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Please Help!

I do not know what has happened but when I pull a creature to the VTT from the compendium all I get is a generic token that is plain, like it would be the sign for the washroom! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance, MCXiV
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Mark! That usually means you have not purchased any content (such as the Monster Manual). Typically any artwork is copyrighted. If you are seeing a generic token, that is usually an indication that you are using the freely available content from the SRD (if we are talking about D&D). If you have purchased a compendium source, but are seeing generic tokens, then something has likely gone awry.
Thank you for replying! Thats the thing, I have a pro account and oodles of books, it was working fine, now it isnt. I am in the process of making tokens for the monsters in the manual and I would pull the monster out of the compendium for the stat block. Roll20 assist wasnt helpful

Edited 1659787956
Assuming you own the Monster Manual, it could be a problem with your web browser permissions - for example, I use firefox with noscript and have to enable various scripts for Roll20 to work properly. I suggest you try: a) a new blank game - be sure to select the Roll20 DnD 5E character sheet when you create the game b) clear your web browser cache c) try a different web browser
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have you checked the sharing settings on your game? If you have created a game but neglected to set the character sheet at game creation, then the compendium might not be set properly. Make sure it is set to the 5e compendium (again, here I am assuming). Also, you say you are in the process of creating new tokens. Can you describe your process? It is entirely possible to delete the token a monster came in with, improperly set the new default and wind up with a default that has no token. Subsequent compendium drags would not restore the old artwork (to protect homebrew changes). You could test this by deleting all copies of a particular monster from the game (there might be only one copy, but it's good to check for dupes) and dragging in a fresh copy. Or drag in a monster you know does not already exist in your game. Or create a brand new game and drag in a monster manual token. Any of these tests would verify that you have an appropriate connection to your purchased material.
Strangest thing! I started at it again today and it is working! Thank you for your help I really appreciate it!