Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pdf?

I have created a formfill pdf unique custom character sheet complete with basic stat math. Can I just import that to use for my players in my next campaign 
As I understand it: You can Upload any PDF you want (form fillable character sheets etc.), BUT since there are no variables behind it, anything you enter might not get saved! (Meaning: Test this before you start playing) Wardonis said: I have created a formfill pdf unique custom character sheet complete with basic stat math. Can I just import that to use for my players in my next campaign 
TheMarkus1204 said: As I understand it: You can Upload any PDF you want (form fillable character sheets etc.), BUT since there are no variables behind it, anything you enter might not get saved! (Meaning: Test this before you start playing) Wardonis said: I have created a formfill pdf unique custom character sheet complete with basic stat math. Can I just import that to use for my players in my next campaign  Whill I still be able to call fields with macros? To be clear, I'm speaking of uploading it as a char sheet, not a document 

Edited 1660228728
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
No, you cannot import a PDF character sheet. Character sheets on Roll20 are HTML, CSS, & JavaScript.  Pro subscribers have early access to the new PDF upload system, but it's not a character sheet thing, more a handouts thing. 
What he meant is: you can upload a PDF and roll manually... although yes, you need to have PRO for it... You can NOT access it with Macros, it is just a PDF then. You can edit it if you want to, but any information you entered is not saved since there are no variables behind it... (IF you upload a form fillable character sheet you can input values, even calculations will be done, but they are not saved!) Andrew R. said: No, you cannot import a PDF character sheet. Character sheets on Roll20 are HTML, CSS, & JavaScript.  Pro subscribers have early access to the new PDF upload system, but it's not a character sheet thing, more a handouts thing. 
Andrew R. said: No, you cannot import a PDF character sheet. Character sheets on Roll20 are HTML, CSS, & JavaScript.  Pro subscribers have early access to the new PDF upload system, but it's not a character sheet thing, more a handouts thing.   PDFs are made out of Java, would it be possible to just break into the code of the document and copy it
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Wardonis said: Andrew R. said: No, you cannot import a PDF character sheet. Character sheets on Roll20 are HTML, CSS, & JavaScript.  Pro subscribers have early access to the new PDF upload system, but it's not a character sheet thing, more a handouts thing.   PDFs are made out of Java, would it be possible to just break into the code of the document and copy it Java and Javascript are not the same thing.  The javascript used in character sheets still requires you have html, since it is the html that denotes what attributes exist (absolutely every bit of info that gets saved and persists in a character sheet is designated as an attribute in the html).  Javascript as used in character sheets reads and manipulates attributes.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kraynic said: Wardonis said: Andrew R. said: No, you cannot import a PDF character sheet. Character sheets on Roll20 are HTML, CSS, & JavaScript.  Pro subscribers have early access to the new PDF upload system, but it's not a character sheet thing, more a handouts thing.   PDFs are made out of Java, would it be possible to just break into the code of the document and copy it Java and Javascript are not the same thing.  The javascript used in character sheets still requires you have html, since it is the html that denotes what attributes exist (absolutely every bit of info that gets saved and persists in a character sheet is designated as an attribute in the html).  Javascript as used in character sheets reads and manipulates attributes. Yup, at this point in time, the ability to upload PDFs is pretty much for reading PDFs while in the VTT. They are not scriptable, dynamic, form-fillable or anything like that. Character Sheets have not changed. You could create a character sheet pdf outside of Roll20 and upload it once it has been created, but it would be for reference, and have no interactivity with macros or Mod scripts.
how much would you guys estimate this would cost to convert into a character sheet?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Best place to find out would be in Sheet Requests or on the Discord associated with r/roll20. But it would probably not be cheap.