Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

handouts questions

Alright, I looked for it, but haven't found what I wanted... my question is: what exactly is a handout? and how are they usually handled?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Handouts are created by the GM and can be used for all kinds of things. You can use them as notes about various parts of your game. Maybe a map to show players. You can create a "cheat sheet" concerning rules that everyone can view. The GM assigns the permissions, so even players can view or edit a handout or the GM can keep the handout completely hidden from players. I create a journal of the campaign that players can use to keep track of everything, party treasure, NPC's, places, names, story notes, etc. Hope this helps.
Gauss
Forum Champion
You can put text or images in a handout and then show it to the players.
Can you also have them be handed out from like a Bounty Board? like to where if a player reaches a bounty board, can I give just that person a handout to where only that person can read it?
Gid
Roll20 Team
Yup. You just assign the view permissions to that player only and only they will be able to see it.