Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP D&D 3.5 - DM Extraordinaire - Home Brew [Paid] - Chaos in the East - Saturday Morning 10 am until 2 pm MT (Canada) One Seat Open - 1st Level Game

Edited 1659822860
Allow me to introduce myself… I’m John, DM extraordinaire (over 31,000 hours on R20). Feel free to check out my profile on here or Star Playing. <a href="https://startplaying.games/game-master/taibhsear-dm-extraordinaire" rel="nofollow">https://startplaying.games/game-master/taibhsear-dm-extraordinaire</a> Jump to the juice and just email me -&nbsp; <a href="mailto:taibhsear71@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">taibhsear71@gmail.com</a> Or Discord if you prefer taibhsear #7908 I’ll give you a quick summary. I’m 51 and from Canada (Toronto originally but don’t hold that against me). I’ve been DMing since October of 1991. I run D&amp;D 3.5 exclusively. Seriously, you can’t even pay me to play 5e anymore. I’ve run dozens of campaigns and games over the years and still love it. The vast majority of my content is homebrew and unique to my game although I have borrowed from many sources over the years. Chaos in the East &nbsp;- I have an opening on Saturday mornings and I'm looking to recruit one more for a new game. This is a politically charged game as it will deal with civil war brewing in The Empire of&nbsp; Nibbenay. There will be lots of combat for murder hobos but the main plot will be driven by the events surrounding the crown and the succession. This campaign is steeped in lore and history going back to the death of the former king about two decades ago. The Silver Swords will play a major role in the events of succession as well as the church of Nytros. Throughout the conflicts, the church of Bane is consolidating its power and forges new alliances. We have not launched this game so everyone will be starting with a fresh first-level PC. *Put the link to the Chaos in the East game here once you get the videos uploaded* Here's the link to my youtube channel with some of the other games I run online: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPIf8KOrb1oaBOM7_go-Vbw" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPIf8KOrb1oaBOM7_go-Vbw</a> The Setting Depending on which game you join you may be in any one of many areas of Thera (the world). Most of my games have taken place in Multras, the primary human continent. Multras is split into five portions (east, west, north, south, and central) each with its own trade language (eastern common, western common, northern common, southern common, and central common), kingdoms, and empires. Some of these kingdoms resemble medieval European countries like France and Germany, and some are completely unique, like the Banite Theocracy of Kallum but they all have their own language and culture. Vaynyke (Vain-ike) is a large island (referred to as the Great isle), nestled to the northwest of Multras. Vaynyke is dominated by a huge mountain range that separates the center (dwarven kingdoms) from the human coastal kingdoms. Vaynyke extends almost as far north as Northern Multras but is much more temperate due to its geological activity. The East Marches is a large archipelago to the east of Multras which is about 2400 miles across (it covers 40 degrees of latitude). It reaches from the tropics to the arctic circle, like Multras. Unlike Multras, this chain of interconnected islands is not dominated by humans. There are many areas ruled by them, but they are separated by vast stretches of wilderness filled with all manner of creatures both friendly and aggressive. Far to the west of Multras is the home of the elves. While the elves spread across Thera from its birth, the majority of them hail from Varanyr (Var-RAIN-nir). These are mostly sylvan elves who live off the land and seek to maintain their culture and traditions. They have a good relationship with the high elves of Varanyr, who they outnumber 100 to 1. To the south, across the maelstrom known as Umberlee’s Playground, is the dwarven homeland of Ardokhan (Ar-do-khan). The ocean around the equator is impassible by ships but it does not matter as Ardokhan has no ports, just sheer cliffs rising up from the ocean floor. There is but one mundane way to travel to and from Ardokhan and that is the great highway, a tunnel under the ocean that opens up in Southern Multras. The tunnel entrance has been held by the mountain dwarves for over five millennia. Flanking Ardokhan, are the goblin and orc savage lands of Krozago (Kro-ZAGO) and Bruhazavo (Bru-HA-zavo). Krozago is the homeland of the goblinoids and Bruhazavo is the heart of the orc horde. While neither race controls either of these continents entirely, their presence is unmistakable. &nbsp; Current Games &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/342307/chaos-in-the-east" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/342307/chaos-in-the-east</a> Your Game &nbsp;- If you have an idea for a game and a group interested in playing, let me know and I’ll see what I can do. I run for a minimum of 4 hours and up to 8. I prefer no more frequently than weekly but depending on the campaign I might be able to do it twice a week. I’m open to anything from slapstick Monty Hall farce to hardcore intense RP. I’ve done it all and I don’t care which style you like. We play to have fun. Some people like fart jokes and shaving dwarves’ beards while they are passed out while others wish to build a rich history and become a cannon feature of the world. Spoiler: There are a lot of cannon PCs both mine and other players in my world and I consult these players when you interact with their characters so you have no idea what’s coming down the line. The Lost Empire &nbsp;- 17th level gestalt game Saturdays (2 pm to 10 pm MT) - There are 0 seats open at this table. The Lost Empire 2.0 &nbsp;- 12th level game Tuesdays (6 pm to 10 pm MT) - There 1 seat open at this table. Plane Escape &nbsp;- 14th level game Alternate Sundays (10 am to 10 pm MT window but scheduling varies) - 0 Seats Available. Dark Force Rising &nbsp;- 16th level game Alternate Sundays (10 am to 2 pm MT) - 0 Seats Available. East Marches Main Campaign &nbsp;- 10th level game - On hold, while a player is dealing with personal issues - 0 Seats available. Noobling Grotto &nbsp;- 1st to 6th game Friday Nights - (6 pm to 10 pm MT) - Drop-in game for new players. Chaos in the East &nbsp;- 17th level game - Sundays (10 am to 2 pm MT) - Back on as of Oct 3 - 0 Seats Available. Seafaring &nbsp;- 22nd level game - Sundays (10 am - 2 pm MT) - Backup game when others fall through - 0 Seats Available. Embers of the North &nbsp;- 3rd level game - Double dog dumped as both of the above players are in it. The Splendor - Sunday Backup Game (10 am to 10 pm MT window but scheduling varies) - 0 Seats Available. Expectations &nbsp; I run open, sandbox, player-centric original content games. The main theme is established, and the story is there, but these are elements the players choose to engage and I let the players write their own tales. I'm indifferent about the outcome, which seems to surprise a lot of players. I don't care how the story unfolds, although I try to make the most dramatic things happen, the dice and the players' action are the final arbiters. On that note, I roll everything openly. Secret checks are only rolled by players if they wish to conceal an action or outcome. Some of my games are based on themes and ideas I’ve come up with and others are picked by the players. I play many different styles of games. I’m open to basically anything. If you have an idea for a campaign don’t be afraid to present it. I make most of my own maps when I have time and make custom tokens for each player. I detail my loot with the players in mind. I roll randomly but I like juicy drops so I’m often inclined to pick the next thing on the table if it looks sweet. &nbsp; Rates &nbsp; $3 per hour (with a group of 5) of gameplay (1st-4th level) minimum of 4 hours. $3.50 per hour&nbsp; (with a group of 5) &nbsp; of gameplay (5th-9th level). $4 per hour&nbsp; (with a group of 5) &nbsp; of gameplay (10th-14th level). $5 per hour&nbsp; (with a group of 5) &nbsp; of gameplay (15th-19th). $6 per hour&nbsp; (with a group of 5) &nbsp; of gameplay (20th+). My games have no level limit and we continue on as long as the players wish to play. The highest we’ve made it to is 22nd level. While the PE game is only 14th level, they are already talking about epic level stuff (20+) and post-epic stuff (30+). I have rules for both despite never really getting that high with players. Payment is made via PayPal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. My noob game is free to play if you want to try it out and meet some of the other players. I can also run a session zero if you have a group and want to do a one-shot. Getting Started Before you contact me make sure: You are 18 or over. You’re willing to play D&amp;D for 4+ hours a week. You own a microphone of decent quality. You have Roll20 account. You have Discord account.
Scores for this game are insane. You can roll and try to beat them but I doubt anyone will. 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 14 I remember in 2e having a 14 average was a strong character and 15 was overpowered these are over 16.
I'll have to make a new Lilith token for this game as this one is from 2016 and my token-making skills have improved greatly since then...
I think we can swing it without a rogue but that's definitely their weakness at the moment.
Emperor Symus is a highly skilled warrior, trained from a young age by Patch, the former king's man at arms. He honed his skills abroad and returned ready to take the throne. Fortunately, it was vacated sooner after.
Lilith embraced temptation with much enthusiasm. Her fall from grace marked a significant change in the loyalties of many angels and&nbsp;celestials. No one saw her fall coming and her betrayal was a tremendous blow to angels and other&nbsp;celestials. It is unknown how many others she corrupted before revealing herself but many of her former allies are regarded with much suspicion. It is believed she took something of exceptional value with her when she defected. Some believe this object was the key to her rapid ascension in her new position. There has been no confirmation of this theory but security in the upper planes has since been ramped up, which is causing some internal conflicts between the different factions of celestials. Lilith's pact allowed her to rise in the Nine Hells immediately as her new form and made her eligible for summoning. She seeded her name among the mortals she wished to serve before she crossed over and has already been summoned to the prime material plane. It is unknown who she serves but she is back on the plane she knows so well. This won't end well for anyone.
Rango Trex the Dragon Wrought Kobold Shaman. Jesse made his own token. He's learning as he wants to start his own game.
I have so many tokens I need to update for this campaign. The opening encounter is a ritual sacrifice the main character stumbles on... The other groups quickly realized that this is an aspiring Banite trying to learn the rituals but he has not perfected them yet. This is a campaign arc that runs as the B-plot to rebellion and succession of the throne. In the longest-running campaign, he was still alive when the players reached 17th but unfortunately, Lilith was slain...
I set up the bugbear ambush last night. I made a new map for the goblin pass as well.
Cassandra/Christina has been the damsel in distress in many games. I just like the disheveled look of the art. Makes for a good prisoner appearance.
Rango Trex is Jesse's brass dragon wrought kobold shaman. He plans on multiclassing into a sorcerer and then a mystic theurge. He's new to the group as kobolds mature at 6 years old. He has some elaborate backstory that explains all his BS away. Joe is playing a swashbuckler/rogue. As the resident murder hobo, Joe has provided no details about his character. Josh is playing a beguiler merchant. His family still lives in the Corbinon fiefdom but he has recently returned to Denz for reasons he has not revealed. Josh and Steff's characters are childhood friends but haven't seen each other in years.
Steffen is playing a paladin of freedom (CG exalted) and is the hidden bastard son of the emperor, similar to Jon Snow but a real bastard. He's been brought up by his mother's sister and just recently been told the truth about his true parents. Being hidden in plain sight has kept him alive until now But the Corbinons have taken a huge risk fostering him and it may come back to haunt them.

Edited 1660945543
I'm still working on the opening for the game but the Jolly Jug is coming along well. Wow, I was expecting it to thumbnail that image but apparently r20 just dumps it. The stable is cut off but that's no big deal.
I made a new Andormu token each time I've used him. I didn't bother updating the human form one since he's almost never in human form. He's at the north end of the inn, sitting alone. I'm curious to see if anyone recognizes him.
All hell broke loose in yesterday's launch of Chaos in the East. It will be a couple of weeks before I get those videos up but the guys are super stoked for this game. They were debating whether they wanted to go back to the Lost Empire game (17th level gestalt game) if Kenny can't return, or just switch to this new game and they were all excited about just switching.
Bones, the proprietor of the Jolly Jug, gets shaken down in the opening scene but stands strong. This plot thread doesn't actually go anywhere as the Moonclaws aren't strong enough to break into the Denz market but it gave the players another false lead to pursue. Later, when one of the constables overdoses, hours after talking to them, the false lead seems stronger and they turn from the murder investigation and checking out the shrine to Bane to go interrogate the drug dealer.
I am excited to see how they will react to the cleric of Bane at the shrine. One group attacked him and was almost TPKed.