Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

RPG Immersion Kitsets + Lovecraftian Paintings

Edited 1660562778
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
As a map and token maker, it is often a fact of the craft that all of the best visual imagery must be stripped away in the creative process, as the top-down perspective is limited in its scope. Looking to fill a new niche I have compiled a vast array of digital graphics themed to different RPG genres to offer a comprehensive set of scene-setting, drama-inducing, mood-orienting graphics to immerse players in the game via my Immersion Kitsets . The Pirate set for example, contains images of maps, compass, pirate taverns and cities, docked ships, smugglers coves, treasure, flags, bounty posters, jungle temples, pirate hideout decor and even scenes from prison bars to capture the mood of the game and move your players through the action. I've created a Vampire, Pirate, Monster Lair and Dwarven set in a similar vein. They also offer continuity in the graphic style across the images which helps retain immersion. I also packaged up an extraordinarily beautiful set of Lovecraftian Tarot cards that I call ' The Lost Paintings of Al-Azhared ' 128 stunning images of cosmic elder god horror and as a Lovecraft Super fan I really think they could add a lot to Call of Cthulhu, at least until I finish my Innsmouth and R'lyeh battlemaps. All graphics have been made using Midjourney AI. Coming soon to the R20 Marketplace. Kind Regards, Kris
Would you mind sharing a link for those? The MapHatter said: As a map and token maker, it is often a fact of the craft that all of the best visual imagery must be stripped away in the creative process, as the top-down perspective is limited in its scope. Looking to fill a new niche I have compiled a vast array of digital graphics themed to different RPG genres to offer a comprehensive set of scene-setting, drama-inducing, mood-orienting graphics to immerse players in the game via my Immersion Kitsets . The Pirate set for example, contains images of maps, compass, pirate taverns and cities, docked ships, smugglers coves, treasure, flags, bounty posters, jungle temples, pirate hideout decor and even scenes from prison bars to capture the mood of the game and move your players through the action. I've created a Vampire, Pirate, Monster Lair and Dwarven set in a similar vein. They also offer continuity in the graphic style across the images which helps retain immersion. I also packaged up an extraordinarily beautiful set of Lovecraftian Tarot cards that I call ' The Lost Paintings of Al-Azhared ' 128 stunning images of cosmic elder god horror and as a Lovecraft Super fan I really think they could add a lot to Call of Cthulhu, at least until I finish my Innsmouth and R'lyeh battlemaps. All graphics have been made using Midjourney AI. Kind Regards, Kris
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi TheMarkus1204, :) They have been submitted, and will likely/hopefully be available this week from my R20 Creator Storefront . <(please click link to visit) Kind Regards, Kris
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I absolutely love your style MapHatter!  Very cool.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
My goodness, those are absolutely gorgeous!

Edited 1660603385
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The 5 packs are now available. About AI Art: It is important to understand that Midjourney is responsible for the artwork, not me - I am a decent artist in my own right, but we have entered a new age now - it's only a matter of time before you are all using this kind of technology. Therefore, I am only responsible for the concept, art direction and the idea of using Midjourney's impressive power to create a new niche of RPG tools to aid in game playing. Being able to create stunning art with new AI tools would make it unfair to directly compete with other traditional artists and my peers on Roll 20 - that is, I feel, making tokens, characters, maps and similar tools in AI to compete with others would not be sporting; so I have tried to use these 'new powers' for good and not directly compete with other users on the Marketplace. Also to compliment what they and I already do as mappers, in providing some extra scenery and visual wow to enhance use with our map sets. As a mapper I have also wondered for an age how to make use of front-on images which are everywhere: the difference is in continuity; theme; and utility;- these are useful to a DM because they help tell a beautiful, continuous, comprehensive story. Anyone can use Midjourney, and I encourage you to do so to create equally stunning pictures and let your imagination and creativity roam wild. Kind Regards, Kris

Edited 1660606321
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll have to check this out for handout art.&nbsp; I had fun getting sketches for apothecary related handouts of real plants. This sort of thing:&nbsp; <a href="http://www.scientificlib.com/en/Biology/Plants/Magnoliophyta/images/OriganumVulgare1.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://www.scientificlib.com/en/Biology/Plants/Magnoliophyta/images/OriganumVulgare1.jpg</a> I might have to pick up your plant pack for some more fantastic specimens (though that looks like the plants are from a previous batch of releases from you).
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hello there, 2 more Immersion Kits added to the store (available). This time for the Sci-fi crowd. The Sci-fi Immersion Kit 1 &nbsp;101 Images featuring Interiors, Exteriors, Hangar Bay, Bar, Merchants, Displays. The Sci-fi Immersion Kit 2 &nbsp; 101 Images also featuring Interiors, Exteriors, Hangar Bay, Bar, Merchants, Displays.
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi there, two more products added to the mix. Elven Immersion and Cyberpunk Immersion (Just submitted). Thanks for your support, Kind Regards, Kris (The Maphatter).
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
And another two submitted.
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
And the last two, submitted tonight.&nbsp; An amazing opportunity to offer this kind of product to you all courtesy of the power of AI - hopefully a good addition to compliment my and other map makers work that uses these genres. The sheer detail, quantity and quality of these types of art packs would not be possible without the incredible technology of AI; it would take me weeks to even attempt one of these oil-type paintings, let alone all of these in the space of a month. I hope you enjoy the concept and it adds to your games. But for now I am done with it and returning to my traditional fare of Meanders maps made with GIMP. Cheers :) Kind Regards, Kris (The Maphatter).
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Those last 4 won't be making it to the store. Sorry folks. R20 changed its policy on AI art.