Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Linked Character names keep overwriting customized token display names

Let's say I've created a generic token that represents a type of critter. Now let's say that I named said critter 'Generic Critter' and put it in my taskbar. Prior to the 19th update, whenever I renamed the token representing Generic Critter to say 'Specific Critter' and saved it, it would stay that way. Now, however, it will rename itself back to Generic Critter the very instant that I click off the token. Given that there is no mention of this new feature in the changelog I'm assuming this is unintended behavior.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Spencer! I can't reproduce this given those steps. Can you give very methodical, reproducible steps? Also, using the specific names of things would help in trying to reproduce. "Task Bar" isn't a part of the VTT interface. If I can reproduce, I'd be happy to add my voice to yours in reporting a bug.
Does this still happen if you shut off all Roll20 mods/API scripts?
It appears to have resolved. Must have been a caching issue.
Gauss
Forum Champion
I've run into it also, but never did figure out what caused it. It only happened on one day.