Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hover to See Token/Please Return the Old Look

I love that we can now hover to see the name or bars of a token but you never stated in the change log you would make the bars look weird/Ugly to the eyes and have them take up more of the token! can we please have this reversed or button to revert to the old style?
Gauss
Forum Champion
I am not seeing them take up more of the token, can you please post a larger screenshot?

Edited 1661467729
Gauss said: I am not seeing them take up more of the token, can you please post a larger screenshot? Gauss said: I am not seeing them take up more of the token, can you please post a larger screenshot? This bar is this bright even though it should be blacked out because its on the GM layer when its the normal 1 square size these bars are bigger than the other version when they were just rectangles. they now take up a lot more the token picture. i cant show you what old version looks like because i have no way to revert back to old style to show true side by side difference.

Edited 1661468441
Gauss
Forum Champion
Can you please check your token's settings, is it set for "Bottom" or is it set for "Bottom Overlapping"? Here is what my testing is showing (Old vs New):  These are set to "Bottom Overlapping" Appears the old bars are a bit thinner in width, with the (old) individual bars being shorter in height. Also, the old bars are more transparent.  But the overall height of all 3 bars together appears to be roughly the same.  Still, I can see how this would be perceived as taking up more space. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Since there is another user with this issue lets move this discussion to:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11055642/token-bars-vanished/?pageforid=11055824#post-11055824" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11055642/token-bars-vanished/?pageforid=11055824#post-11055824</a>
I would suggest returning the transparency to the bars. For some reason the solid color just looks a lot uglier and less professional.
I-O said: I would suggest returning the transparency to the bars. For some reason the solid color just looks a lot uglier and less professional. Have to agree on that!