Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bullet Style Rendering Inconsistently

Edited 1661468915
I'm seeing weirdness with the bullet style in my handouts and notes. Some of the text is in the old font and some of it the new one, like this: In the above example, the first three bullets are in a different font than the last one. Sometimes it renders differently while editing, saving, or both. If I highlight the bullets and change them to normal style, this happens: ... but when I fix the spacing and save it, it changes back to the "new" font. Is anyone else seeing this? And have you figured out how to make it consistent? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi, camelotcrusade! Are you typing from scratch, or pasting from an external source? In the latter case, unless you scrub the text by passing it through a text editor or similar, you can carry in some invisible formatting characters that can cause unexpected behavior. Even the eraser tool can sometimes fail to get everything.
Thanks for the tip, keithcurtis! I'm seeing this even when I pop open a fresh handout. It uses the Arial-like font when I start typing, but as soon as I apply the bullet styling, it changes to a more spaced out font: I just want them to be the same font!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Well, there's definitely a difference, though they are close. Regular calls the font families in order of preference: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif" While bulleted text calls: "Proxima Nova", ProximaNova-Regular, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", sans-serif" You could probably come up with a Stylus style to enforce the font choice, but it would only render that way on the browser in which it was installed (i.e. just for you) 

Edited 1661722933
Good catch on documenting the difference, @keithcurtis. It's not a big deal, but it makes it look like I don't know how to format my handouts (in my opinion, at least). I would use all the same font for the whole thing. @roll20 please add some font harmonization to your cleanup list!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can file a  Help Center Request , and include the info above. There's a fairly decent probability there are different teams working on token and handout issues, and handouts are probably related to the css update the whole site got. So it's worth a shot. The Help Center link is really the best way to make a ticket that the devs will definitely see.
Thanks, I've summitted it!