Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Could this be possibly true ? could this vision bug finally be solved ???

Edited 1661771959
I noticed this info in the release notes post this morning : Fixed an issue where mod (API) vision and directional lighting were not updating unless saved by opening the token manually. Could that mean that this bug is finally solved ? really ? Could that mean that all the api (mods) such as observer and others finally couls work as intended ? I'd be amazed if it was so..... EDIT : I tried a few things and it doesn't seem to be solved to me...
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Lionel, do you have specific examples of what worked and what didn't? 

Edited 1661775060
Hello David ! EDIT : The vision distance auto-updates as long as the token already has one Well actually the light angle is still not updating on my side, the vision angle (but not sure this was adressed to start with) isn't either. Another example, when i bump a token with a vision, the invisible token is supposed to have the same vision settings, and it actually updates only if i open the invisible token settings and close it again... as usual i might say.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Are you using UDL or LDL? Just gathering info for testing later.
UDL. The bug was mostly on that if I remeber well. I know you're still using LDL, right ?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
For the moment, though I still need to check on  some reports of a new LDL bug  that apparently has shown up after the recent token hover update.  
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The UDL bug with Mod scripts should be fixed, with the caveat that restricted vision still breaks things. The devs are aware of it and should be looking at it though. 

Edited 1661787329
Using Bump, and the vision parameters actually don't update when the purple square appears, having to open the invisible square properties to update. The vision is supposed to be copied on the purple square no ? Some of my players use this for invisibility spells, and IIRC the vision is supposed to be mocked as well as position, charsheet etc no? EDIT : Same with spawn, spawning a token with vision (save as default token with the vision on) and the spawned doesn't have the vision directly updated unless properties opened and closed again

Edited 1661834324
I've been trying to make a script to help me move my players around the map for a while and this bug was a big roadblock for me in that effort. new behavior i've noticed today is that I can spawn a token using the default token with vision on a map that didn't previously have a copy of the token (my script just uses that one if it's already there) and the vision and low-light vision work as expected with bright lights. However any light that exists on the map that uses any low light is still a solid black ball until you open and save the properties like before. If I have an overlapping bright and low-light the bright light wins and is visible, however if a light uses both bright and low light the area is solid black. I give my players torch tokens to move around that share vision, so I definitely look forward to the low light working some time in the future as well, but at least having the bright lights working is a big bonus for now. Edit: I just discovered that with a shared vision token such as my torch. if I merely open and save ITS vision properties it fixes vision for all players who have vision on that token. Don't know if that's new behavior or not but it is really nifty for saving time vs doing every player token individually
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Maluck said: Edit: I just discovered that with a shared vision token such as my torch. if I merely open and save ITS vision properties it fixes vision for all players who have vision on that token. Don't know if that's new behavior or not but it is really nifty for saving time vs doing every player token individually blink-blink. That works? That's brilliant!