Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Action Maker - Problem with Spells (5e)

Hi there folks (and most specifically Keith). Having a very minor problem with Token Action Maker. I'm using it in 5e to set up spells for my characters. One character in particular has a grand total of two cantrips: Create Bonfire and Druidcraft. I ran Token Action Maker on this character, and he now has the token action for "Spells". When I select it, I can see both spells. When I click Druidcraft, I get the spell description in the chat as expected. However, when I click Create Bonfire, nada. When I look at the code for the Spells macro I get this: /w @{character_name} &{template:atk} {{desc=**Cantrips:** [Create Bonfire](~repeating_spell-cantrip_-N9JRbue4ZibXWfZsrWk_spell) | [Druidcraft](~repeating_spell-cantrip_-N9JUz1p3FNnkvREHoj5_spell) }}     The only difference I can think of is that Create Bonfire is from Xanathar's Guide to Everything; not sure if that is not supported for some reason.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Thanks!
If you have XG in your compendium it should work. I have seen Token action Maker miss things from time to time, but it has never thrown a bad link for me.

Edited 1661836057
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Steven! The ultimate source of the spell shouldn't matter. It's just making a call to the sheet. I would suggest deleting the "Spells" token action manually and re-add it with  !ta spells Alternatively, delete the spell itself manually and re-add it. Then do the steps above. Can you can cast the spell normally from the sheet?
keithcurtis said: Hi Steven! The ultimate source of the spell shouldn't matter. It's just making a call to the sheet. I would suggest deleting the "Spells" token action manually and re-add it with  !ta spells Alternatively, delete the spell itself manually and re-add it. Then do the steps above. Hi Keith. Thanks very much. I had to delete the spell, then delete the token action, readd the spell, and rerun Token Action Maker, but now it's all good! Thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Excellent. My best, most technical guess would be, "something went wrong, try it again." :D