Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to access Boo's Astral Menagerie in a game?

I bought the Adventures in Space bundle, but I can only create a game from the adventure. The adventure lacks 14 monsters from Boo's Astral Menagerie, and I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth. I paid 50$ to use ALL of the bundle, not just Light of Xarxys. Is there a way to put those 14 missing monsters inside a game? Or a way to start a game with Boo's as a module? I would feel cheated if I had to manually make tokens for all 14 missing monsters, which are: Dohwar, Gaj, Giant Space Hamster, Githyanki Star Seer, Hadozee Warrior, Lunar Dragon Wymrling, Neogi Hatchling Swarm, Plasmoid Boss, Plasmoid Explorer, Psurlon Leader, Solar Dragon Wyrmling, Space Hamster, Space Mollymawk, and Space Swine. As you can see, pretty basic day-to-day monsters that are somewhy missing from the module.
Gauss
Forum Champion
I just checked, all of the creatures have entries in the compendium. Including the ones you listed.  Could you elaborate on how they are missing for you?
Gauss said: I just checked, all of the creatures have entries in the compendium. Including the ones you listed.  Could you elaborate on how they are missing for you? They do not appear as tokens in the game itself. I can't use them in a game without manually inserting tokens, actions, stats, etc. myself.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Vincent said: Gauss said: I just checked, all of the creatures have entries in the compendium. Including the ones you listed.  Could you elaborate on how they are missing for you? They do not appear as tokens in the game itself. I can't use them in a game without manually inserting tokens, actions, stats, etc. myself. Just drag and drop them from the compendium, it will add all of that to the game automatically.
Loren the GM said: Vincent said: Gauss said: I just checked, all of the creatures have entries in the compendium. Including the ones you listed.  Could you elaborate on how they are missing for you? They do not appear as tokens in the game itself. I can't use them in a game without manually inserting tokens, actions, stats, etc. myself. Just drag and drop them from the compendium, it will add all of that to the game automatically. I... did not realize this was an option. My entire life on Roll 20 I've been buying modules, creating games, then transmogrifying the tokens to other adventures. All this time I could've just used the Compendium. Thank you for enlightening me!
Token art is still missing for a bunch of those token though... But I've been told that it's WotC's fault -.-
Neo said: Token art is still missing for a bunch of those token though... But I've been told that it's WotC's fault -.- From what I see, if there is no art in the book, then there likely won't be art in the token. What I do is I just make my own token, can't be helped in these cases.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Neo said: Token art is still missing for a bunch of those token though... But I've been told that it's WotC's fault -.- I don't know if "fault" is the right word. They aren't designing for a VTT, so have different priorities for commissioning art. But basically yeah, if WotC doesn't provide it, Roll20 can't make it. There have been a very few instances in the past (some MM tokens) where they got permission to commission their own art.
keithcurtis said: Neo said: Token art is still missing for a bunch of those token though... But I've been told that it's WotC's fault -.- I don't know if "fault" is the right word. They aren't designing for a VTT, so have different priorities for commissioning art. But basically yeah, if WotC doesn't provide it, Roll20 can't make it. There have been a very few instances in the past (some MM tokens) where they got permission to commission their own art. Fault, responsibility, design choice, craft dinner... Potato, onion rings? o.O VTT's have been around for over 10 years. If WotC haven't figured it out yet, someone at Roll20 HQ is pretty much 10 years late to let them know -.-