Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Places where it says "Drop A File, or, Choose A File" can you put an image from Art Library, Web, or Uploaded?

Edited 1408505587
Gold
Forum Champion
How do you place any of these 3 types of images: a previously-uploaded image... a Marketplace-purchased image asset.... or a JPG/GIF/PNG from the Web or from the Art tab search... in any of the places (I can think of 3 places) where Roll20 interface offers you the question to "Drop A File or Choose A File"? Handout picture Character avatar Campaign icon Is it possible to drag-and-drop pictures from Art tab, or from Purchases, or from Uploaded library, onto a handout, character bio, or campaign details page? The way I've been clicking, it seems like it wants me to keep re-uploading the same picture if I want to re-use it in these different places. Is that right, or am I missing the technique. I looked in the Wiki and couldn't see the answer so far. I want to "Choose a File" there and choose it from my Library in Roll20, not to only choose it from my computer files.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yes, you can drag and drop them from the art tab. But not from the Art Library Manager (the black star).
Gold
Forum Champion
Ok, neat. That will help. Will the Art Tab find/show my Uploaded images & my Purchases? (Perhaps if I tag them and then search for that tag-word?) Or are those uploaded & purchased images only accessible through the black star / library and thus can't be dragged-dropped onto a Handout?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yes, you can tag them in the Art Library Manager (the black star) and then use the tags to find them in the Art Library tab.
Is there any better way to organize them in folders in the Library?
I would recommend that you name your picture files with tags in mind before you upload them, as the file name becomes a tag. So, that can save you some work and help you sort through your images. For example, all my pictures end with _token.*, or _map.* For maps, you can even add the dimensions (ex. tavern_30x40_map.*) within the filename to be helpful (because roll20 will often resize everything). I've found this the most efficient method for me. There is a certain amount of duplication that will still happen, especially if you need to load a campaign picture (when you have no access to your image library). I don't know a way around that currently.