Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Are players named Deleted gone from the site?

Gold
Forum Champion
In a larger game I have 3 old players whose name is showing as [Deleted] on their Profile and the pop-up over their Roll20 icon. Does this mean they are gone from Roll20? It still shows their avatar picture, achievements, and playing time. They are still appearing as players/members of the campaign. I think I will want to remove them from the campaign player list via Kick Player if they are no longer using Roll20. Or would like to know what it means if it indicates something else. Thanks in advance.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If it is saying deleted then their accounts are no longer active (This how I understand it)by them deleting their accounts or have been banned.
Gold
Forum Champion
Ok. I haven't heard from them in some time, so I guess they are gone, for one reason or another.

Edited 1408508058
Gauss
Forum Champion
If you need to remove them from the campaign you can copy the campaign and remove the players checkmark. Then re-invite your players. Unfortunately, this will have two negative consequences. 1) You will need to re-assign any player assets such as character sheets. 2) Any player with Macros (not character based Abilities) will lose them. Consider these consequences before taking this step.

Edited 1408508379
Gold
Forum Champion
I think I understand. (P.S. I got the forewarnings too). I've just removed them (via Kick Player) on the Campaign Details page, and that seemed to work, for a start. If I follow the tip from Gauss correctly, Now if I decide that I need to scour them from the Drop-down menus in the game (such as assigning who can view a Handout / Journal, or who controls a token), then I would need to copy the whole campaign and un-checkmark the players, and reinvite the continuing players. I might do that, if it seems a burden having former-players floating around the interface. I'll have to keep in mind the trade-off though, in players losing their macros if I do that.

Edited 1408508451
Gauss
Forum Champion
Kicking a player will remove them from the drop-down menus. I was under the (mistaken) impression they were no longer in the game and the drop-down menu was what was left of them. My bad. :)

Edited 1408508572
Gold
Forum Champion
Well, I actually have that problem, in a different campaign. So it's helpful to know. Not going to do the trick though, because of the consequences mentioned. So I'll just live with former-player-names in the drop-down, in that one campaign. (They aren't from ones I kicked... I think they left on their own, or maybe just changed their names and there's a remnant name).