Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tokenless HP Bars

My players often create art of their characters, and now and again, they want me as the DM to update their tokens to display the new character art they've created or had made. We've been playing for 1 year using roll20 and we've never encountered this bug before. There have been Tokenless HP bars appearing all over maps. I suspect they were assigned to old token images that were deleted since the HP value increases and decrease based on player character sheets but I could be wrong.  Send help.

Edited 1662189915
Gauss
Forum Champion
They are "Phantom Tokens". Tokens that have had their art asset (image) deleted. They used to be invisible and unselectable, but as of the recent token update they became visible. If the phantom tokens are an issue for you you have a number of options: 1) Wait for the Devs to fix it.&nbsp; 2) Send a bug report to the Devs, have them come fix your game.&nbsp; 3) Use the API script (requires Pro account) outlined by KeithCurtis here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11061515/using-reporter-and-token-mod-to-fix-some-phantom-token-issues" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11061515/using-reporter-and-token-mod-to-fix-some-phantom-token-issues</a> 4) I come fix your map using method below 5) Or you can remove them using this method:&nbsp; * Move all the objects on the token layer to either GM or Map layer, whichever has less assets to fix afterwards. (Ctrl+A to select everything, then right click and send them all to another layer) * copy the page, remove the token and objects layer checkmark, hit duplicate * on the copy, move the objects you moved to the GM or Map layer back to the token layer (Ctrl+A to select everything, then right click and send them all to the token layer).&nbsp; * Fix any elements that got moved to the token layer but should have stayed on the GM or Map layer by sending them, one at a time, back to the correct layer.&nbsp; * Delete the original page at your leisure
I can't seem to select them at all. I cant move them nor can I manipulate which layer they are in. I'll try the rest of your suggestions. Thank you!
Gauss
Forum Champion
SharpXII said: I can't seem to select them at all. I cant move them nor can I manipulate which layer they are in. I'll try the rest of your suggestions. Thank you! As of today, are they still present for you? The Devs implemented a fix a couple days ago that should take care of most &nbsp;of the phantom tokens. If you still have a large number of them it may be worth it for the Devs to take a look and see what makes yours different.
The problem has been fixed! Thank you for replying!