Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Bar Locations Change and Obstructed Markers

Hi All, In my game, post the recent update, the 'Top Overlapping' feature for Tokens is no longer working as described. Previously, only the bottom bar would overlap the top of the token and other bars would sit above the token. Now, all bars overlap the token. The same is true for the 'Bottom Overlapping' option. Additionally to this, status conditions (the Token markers) rest behind the bars and aren't viewable as a result. This is true on Firefox, Edge, and Chrome (my usual tool). Thank you!

Edited 1662241306
Gauss
Forum Champion
Regarding "Top Overlapping" that was a change the Devs made recently, whether they will return it to the way it used to be or not is only known to them.  Regarding status conditions, if you are using top overlapping I suggest asking your GM to move the status conditions to the bottom of the token. Your GM can find them via "My Settings" in the top right corner of the VTT, "Token Marker Position". Note: This will move them for the entire game rather than a token-by-token setting. 
Thanks for the advice re. the token locations. And good to know about the change to top-overlapping- I hope that they will either revert that adjustment or adjust the wording. Thank you!
I have a similar issue with character sheets being covered up by the character/player icons at the bottom of the page. I have had no luck fixing this issue using the various settings. It's making it really hard to read sheets or edit them as editting pops them back into the chrome window. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Shelly W. said: I have a similar issue with character sheets being covered up by the character/player icons at the bottom of the page. I have had no luck fixing this issue using the various settings. It's making it really hard to read sheets or edit them as editting pops them back into the chrome window.  So that the Devs can be more aware of the issue, could you supply a screenshot demonstrating this?
For the record I *really fucking hate* the changes to the bars and I wish they'd revert them or make them optional.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
How far back would you want them reverted? They have changed several times in the last few years.

Edited 1662682476
I really liked the previous behavior of only one bar overlapping, it is very frustrating to not have that option anymore, and I'm basically having to edit every saved token from now on.
I also really do not like the changes and i can't see any improvement at all.  They do not appear to be listening however.  Maybe it is part of some master plan but i wish they would communicate that because at the moment the master plan seems to be to make the user experience worse than previously.
Talking about overlapping tokens.. I just don't understand what is going on with R20.&nbsp; &nbsp;I see parts of tokens hidden, and other parts bleeding through objects on the layer above them.&nbsp; An example from Numenera.. a creature card draw from the deck when placed on the tabletop hides the token images, but allows things like the names and health bars to bleed through over the top of the object. It's so annoying: <a href="https://gyazo.com/4b432b102198d1b5b8547739c11c9261" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/4b432b102198d1b5b8547739c11c9261</a>