Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

VTT keeps crashing

Edited 1662287653
Welcome to the new Roll20 Virtual Tabletop: Yes it's Chrome. Yes I'm running one darkmode plugin. No I'm not going to turn it off and test it.  I pay you.  You test it. The crashes seem to happen when a character sheet is open.
Im also having serious lag, the second I update a token - it freezes up on me. I hit refresh and its stuck on waiting for server....
Novercalis, are you using Firefox by any chance? If so, under Firefox > Preferences > Privacy and Security > Forms and Autofill, is Autofill Addresses checked? If so, and you uncheck it, does the lag on token updating go away? That turned out to be my own lag cause a couple of years ago. (After the change, editing hit points via the token bubble changed from a five-second process to a nearly instantaneous one). It's a slim possibility, but something to check.
Same issue - random crashes, no pattern I've seen. I've tried shutting of dynamic lighting, sound, and used different games, same result.  Chrome, Darkmode. I was having this issue before Darkmode was rolled out. Seems like it started maybe two weeks ago. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Those of you suffering the "Aw Snap" crash, it seems from reports to be a Chrome issue so far. Are you on Mac or Windows? Anybody getting consistent "Aw Snaps" on Firefox? I have had it many times on Mac/Chrome. 

Edited 1662400598
Crashes every 30 minutes or so now. Sometimes it even crashes when refreshing from a crash.