Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spelljammer: Adventures in Space is now available on the Roll20 Marketplace!

Spelljammer: Adventures in Space is now available on the Roll20 Marketplace! If you pre-ordered Spelljammer, that content has now been unlocked and is available for use immediately. Spelljammer: Adventures in Space presents the Astral Plane as a Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting unlike any other. Home of the stars and gateway to the heavens, the Astral Plane teems with excitement and possibility. With the help of magic, spelljammers can cross the oceans of Wildspace, ply the silvery void known as the Astral Sea, and hop between worlds of the D&D multiverse. This set contains everything a Dungeon Master needs to run adventures and campaigns set in the starlit realms of Wildspace and the Astral Sea, as well as new options for players who want to create characters at home in this fantastic setting. The Roll20 conversion of Spelljammer: Adventures in Space contains: An art pack with 250+ custom-made Spelljammer tokens and handouts using the books' amazing artwork! An expansive compendium containing over 70 creatures, 2 new backgrounds, six new races, 16 spelljamming ships, and all the rules you need for an Astral adventure! A full conversion of the Light of Xaryxis adventure, including all adventure maps with placed tokens, GM layer information, and Dynamic Lighting support (requires plus / pro subscription ); all rollable tables, and several quick macros to speed through random encounters! Bug Reports If you are experiencing any other issues, please let us know on the Help Center . Don't Know Where to Get Started? Check out D&D 5E's Player's Bundle !
Hello, it still shows as "pre-order" for me.  I tried testing creating new game and it just brings me to the marketplace page and shows pre-ordered when I attempt to create using module light of xarxis. 
It only reads as a "pre-order" for me as well!
Thanks awogg & TuffJake, Our new miniature giant space hamster forgot to hit a couple of buttons but we're all set now. The marketplace item is now correctly listed as For Sale or Owned.
The module is still not accessible when creating a game. 
The module says i own it but still not able to access it when creating a game
i am unable to access the module
Can't create a game with either the Module or Addon. Still not sure which is which? o.O
Looks like it's working now.
If you're having trouble accessing the module content, refresh the Create New Game screen and it should now be properly listed as an available choice.
Has anyone found the Addon yet? o.O
Gauss
Forum Champion
I have been able to create a game using the new Module so, it should be available to everyone. 

Edited 1660671241
Still can't find the Addon listed on the store page for the product, and after creating a game with the Module, the two maps I've checked were missing numbers... -.- Wasp map doesn't show #1 anywhere and the Flying Fish only shows the #11. EDIT: I've opened a Bug Report .
Hey Neo, I can confirm there is no Add-on component for Spelljammer. The marketplace text, which has now been updated, should have been referencing how to use the Module for the Light of Xaryxis adventure content. As for your bug reports, I'm going to check those out and get them over to our conversion team, so thanks for the feedback!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Wildspace-Astral-Sea-and-Ship-Encounters   was saved as a token action in the Macro collections. It will appear for any gm-selected token. The simple solution is to open the macro in the collections tab and turn off the "use as token action" setting from that macro. That will fix it-campaign-wide. But it might need to be flagged for any patches.
Can confirm, able to access Spelljammer now.  Was able to create game from module light of xaryxis and as Keith pointed out, I see the Wildspace-Astral-Sea-and_ship_Encounters as token actions.  Will further check out all the things later but for now seems to be working for me.  Thanks fam!  :) 

Edited 1660678287
My doomspace map is having trouble loading, all the other maps are fine. Anyone else having this issue? (Using Firefox browser)
My Doomspace page looks like... A few grey piece of text on a white page?
Anyone else's Nautiloid battle map have a big black smudge in it?
Hi spacefarers! We're currently investigating the reports of broken images in the Spelljammer release. We should have an update/fix for you soon! 
Thanks for everyone's patience! We've identified the problem causing the broken images and believe we've tackled them all. Most could be handled in real time, meaning a hard refresh of your browser (ctrl + F5 to clear cache) will resolve the problem now. There were a few things pointed out in user submitted bug reports that we have also addressed. These things resulted in patch 1.1 being deployed for Spelljammer. Patch 1.1 Fixed some broken images on several maps. Revealed grid and notes on parchment-backed maps. Removed a giant map marker that threatened to destroy the Nautiloid map. Remaining issue/work around: The "Wildspace-Astral-Sea-and-Ship-Encounters" macro is set to show as a token action, which will appear on every token. To fix this in your game, you can open this macro and turn off the "Show as Token Action?" checkbox, and save changes. And last but not least, I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who dove in straight away and helped report these issues. If there are any additional bugs spotted, please report using the Contact Us form in the  Help Center .
Todd said: Thanks for everyone's patience! We've identified the problem causing the broken images and believe we've tackled them all. Most could be handled in real time, meaning a hard refresh of your browser (ctrl + F5 to clear cache) will resolve the problem now. There were a few things pointed out in user submitted bug reports that we have also addressed. These things resulted in patch 1.1 being deployed for Spelljammer. Patch 1.1 Fixed some broken images on several maps. Revealed grid and notes on parchment-backed maps. Removed a giant map marker that threatened to destroy the Nautiloid map. Remaining issue/work around: The "Wildspace-Astral-Sea-and-Ship-Encounters" macro is set to show as a token action, which will appear on every token. To fix this in your game, you can open this macro and turn off the "Show as Token Action?" checkbox, and save changes. And last but not least, I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who dove in straight away and helped report these issues. If there are any additional bugs spotted, please report using the Contact Us form in the  Help Center . I've updated my "small" list, no cigars just yet. Some of the #1's are aligned straight on the grid and are really hard to see. One is still missing on one of the map. And are those 4 blank maps meant to be blank? Doesn't feel WotC to me o.O Updated bug report.

Edited 1660691387
Gauss
Forum Champion
Neo said: And are those 4 blank maps meant to be blank? Doesn't feel WotC to me o.O Yes, the blank maps are meant to be blank. WotC has a number of modules with "random (or not so random) encounters" listed and no maps for them. I've run into that in other modules by WotC (in the books, not just on Roll20). Roll20's solution is to provide a parchment image to use as your map background, then you do what you would do if you were around a kitchen table, you draw a map for your players. 
Gauss said: Neo said: And are those 4 blank maps meant to be blank? Doesn't feel WotC to me o.O Yes, the blank maps are meant to be blank. WotC has a number of modules with "random (or not so random) encounters" listed and no maps for them. I've run into that in other modules by WotC (in the books, not just on Roll20). Roll20's solution is to provide a parchment image to use as your map background, then you do what you would do if you were around a kitchen table, you draw a map for your players.  Really?!? I remember a few modules having a single blank map like that, but without token. I assumed the maps were missing for this product lol o.O
There are also problems with the autognomes. In the charactermancer, I cannot pick tool proficiencies and I hang on building the character. He4lp Center report filed.
Dr DM said: There are also problems with the autognomes. In the charactermancer, I cannot pick tool proficiencies and I hang on building the character. He4lp Center report filed. I reported this yesterday even sent the the game it was in as got a quick response but then nothing

Edited 1660752611
There's missing token art for some of the creatures from Boo's Astral Menagerie... Young Solar Dragon,  Adult Solar Dragon,  Vampirate Mage and a bunch of others . Please tell me it's not intended... -.-
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Neo said: There's missing token art for some of the creatures from Boo's Astral Menagerie... Young Solar Dragon,  Adult Solar Dragon,  Vampirate Mage and a bunch of others . Please tell me it's not intended... -.- If WotC doesn't provide art in the book, Roll20 generally can't generate new art for it. This boils down to Copyrights & Contracts, D&D's evil twin RPG that isn't nearly as much fun to play.

Edited 1660759198
Gauss
Forum Champion
Dr DM said: There are also problems with the autognomes. In the charactermancer, I cannot pick tool proficiencies and I hang on building the character. He4lp Center report filed. Part 1: cannot pick tool proficiencies is confirmed.  Part 2: hanging when finalizing the sheet also confirmed. Probably as a result of part 1. Having unfinished areas should not result in it hanging.  Changing the race away from Autognome and to something else does not result in hanging so it is definitely the Autognome. 
The new backgrounds Astral Drifter  and Wildspacer  don't have any personality traits, bonds, flaws, and ideals. Is this intentional?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Vardens said: The new backgrounds Astral Drifter  and Wildspacer  don't have any personality traits, bonds, flaws, and ideals. Is this intentional? Hi Vardens! You'd have to ask that question of Wizards of the Coast. There are none in the print book. Like the token issue above, Roll20 can only convert what is there.
Vardens said: The new backgrounds Astral Drifter  and Wildspacer  don't have any personality traits, bonds, flaws, and ideals. Is this intentional? In the doc WotC has published for character creation (One D&D rules to playtest), there is no more any personality stuff listed for the various background. Also, they are changing Inspiration so it can be gained by gameplay mechanics. Most likely to compensate for all the [REDACTED] GM who are scared to award Inspiration (I have seen Inspiration being awarded ONCE in two years). My guess is WotC opted to be lazy and neglected to add those on purpose, seeing they'll most likely remove those from the CharGen process.
I realised the "special" pre-order price for "Spelljammer: Adventure in Space" back in March/April was at 49.99$USD. Now that the product has launched, the price is listed at 49.99$USD. So my question is; what's sooo "special" with the pre-order price, beside making me feel like I got "scammed" 20$USD or so?!? o.O After reading a post from Elizabeth W. the other day, I started to wonder if Roll20 also messed up the pre-order price for this product by "accident"? Are you guys also offering partial refund for those who have paid release price for a 3+ months pre-order?!? -.-
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Usually pre-orders have not been at a reduced price. This has caused some complaint from folks wondering why they were bothering to pre-order. No real advantage, since you could technically order it on the day of release and still have it at the same time. Did the pre-order info for Spelljammer advertise that it was at a reduced price? I've looked back at the promo ads we received in the mail, but they don't mention price at all. It presumably was on the marketplace page, but that's been replaced by current sale info, of course.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just checked the Wayback machine. The advertising did indeed mention a special pre-order price.
keithcurtis said: Just checked the Wayback machine. The advertising did indeed mention a special pre-order price. Just received an E-Mail from support, they say the post launch price will raise to 69.99$USD shortly... 70$USD for less than 200 pages o.O I think I'm done asking questions -.-
Neo said: I realised the "special" pre-order price for "Spelljammer: Adventure in Space" back in March/April was at 49.99$USD. Now that the product has launched, the price is listed at 49.99$USD. So my question is; what's sooo "special" with the pre-order price, beside making me feel like I got "scammed" 20$USD or so?!? o.O After reading a post from Elizabeth W. the other day, I started to wonder if Roll20 also messed up the pre-order price for this product by "accident"? Are you guys also offering partial refund for those who have paid release price for a 3+ months pre-order?!? -.- Hey, I'm following up with our content folks but might not have an answer until after the weekend.
Are we not getting the ship maps present in the book? Normally all the maps in a book are provided with WotC content, so I was assuming they would be there, though maybe not with lighting, but I can't find them.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Thomas! You would need to create a game using the module. The ships will then be in that game, preset with dynamic lighting. Since you have a Pro account, you could use the transmogrifier to move them into whatever game you'd like to use them in.

Edited 1661646396
Gauss
Forum Champion
Thomas Woodard said: Are we not getting the ship maps present in the book? Normally all the maps in a book are provided with WotC content, so I was assuming they would be there, though maybe not with lighting, but I can't find them. There are three books, the default ships are present in the Astral Adventurer's Guide. LINK
keithcurtis said: Hi Thomas! You would need to create a game using the module. The ships will then be in that game, preset with dynamic lighting. Since you have a Pro account, you could use the transmogrifier to move them into whatever game you'd like to use them in. Thank you for that information. It never occurred to me to look for a core part of expansion rules in a module that I will never use. They should be in an add-on that can be easily added to any game regardless of subscription level.
Will solar dragons not be receiving default tokens with art? Currently they seem to be red tokens with names on them. Did the book not have art of a solar dragon in it?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm guessing that looks to be an oversight. There is an image for the Ancient which you can use for the time being, but the best thing to do would be to submit a  Help Center Request , so that the issue will get a ticket for the next time the module is patched.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Sir Lennon said: Will solar dragons not be receiving default tokens with art? Currently they seem to be red tokens with names on them. Did the book not have art of a solar dragon in it? keithcurtis said: I'm guessing that looks to be an oversight. There is an image for the Ancient which you can use for the time being, but the best thing to do would be to submit a  Help Center Request , so that the issue will get a ticket for the next time the module is patched. It was not an oversight, WotC did not publish any images for them. Roll20 can only use the art that WotC provides unless WotC says otherwise. Placeholder tokens like this one are what Roll20 uses in that case. 

Edited 1662504517
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nope, it was definitely an oversight in this case and has been fixed, at least on Compendium. Module will still have to wait for a patch. You can still use the art from the Ancient token; it's the same.
Looks like Roll20 has plugged the same token art for every solar dragon beyond Wyrmling -.-
Gauss
Forum Champion
keithcurtis said: Nope, it was definitely an oversight in this case and has been fixed, at least on Compendium. Module will still have to wait for a patch. You can still use the art from the Ancient token; it's the same. Ahhh my bad, I misread the issue. Thought it was the same issue as the images being absent. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Neo said: Looks like Roll20 has plugged the same token art for every solar dragon beyond Wyrmling -.- That has been the standard practice since the Monster Manual. There is one other picture of a Solar dragon in the product, but the style is vastly different and it has a rider. Roll20 can only choose from what WotC sends them.
Looks to be fixed and looks excellent! Woot for great art!
A whole month post-launch and this product still at the same price I've pre-ordered it back in April/May... Anyone else feeling shafted?!? Not even talking about the fact the product is totally empty of anything needed to run a game in Spelljammer.