Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Difference between Live and Sheet sandbox

Edited 1662988308
I have the same sheet open in a Test game on Roll20 as well as in a sheet sandbox, (my intention was to look for possible changes/improvements in an old sheet), but the two sheets are different in the respective environments. I don't understand why, as I was under the impression the sandbox should be a faithful representation of the live environment.  Both are "fresh out of the box": The Live game has been just created and the official sheet assigned to it The sandbox game has been just created and linked to html/css/json freshly downloaded from GitHub Specifically, the issue seems to revolve around an element identified by ID: <div id="page-wrap"> #page-wrap {   width: 1024px; } While in the sandbox the element has a width of 1024 when inspected, in the live game the element's width is unspecified. Why the difference in behaviour between the two environments? Which of the two is the correct/expected behaviour for Roll20? Should I crosspost to Bug Reports & Technical Issues ?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Not sure which sheet you're looking at, but if it's an older sheet it is likely using legacy sanitization which ignores IDs in css. Check the sheet.json file and look for a legacy key. If it is set to true, copy that sheet.json into the sheet.json editor of your sandbox, save it, and then reload the sandbox.
Not sure which sheet you're looking at, but if it's an older sheet it is likely using legacy sanitization which ignores IDs in css. Check the sheet.json file and look for a legacy key. If it is set to true, copy that sheet.json into the sheet.json editor of your sandbox, save it, and then reload the sandbox. You are indeed correct that the json includes "legacy": true but loading it in the sandbox (it was already loaded but I tried again for good measure) does not seem to have any effect.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If you share which sheet I can take a look later today.
Pokemon Tabletop United ( not the V2 one).