Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Better background chat sounds

Hi team,  I've been wondering if there is a way to change the background chat sound in the VTT. My main reasoning is that I use some APIs that display messages in the chat and between that and player rolls find the normal beep annoying so I end up turning it off. But then find it pretty easy to miss a whisper. This might end up as a suggestion but ideally I would want more background chat settings including: - Different beep sound for whispers - Ability to turn on this new beep so it will make a noise even if the chat is open, so I catch it when looking at something outside Roll20 (Discord etc).  - Individual volume control for the beep sounds Is there an API or someway that can do this?  
Gold
Forum Champion
Hey Jared! I'm not sure if the API could do this. If it can do it, it would be a different route, such as Chat Post triggering a Jukebox sound. Because the Jukebox sounds are accessible to the API mods. This is a novel, new suggestion. I can't recall ever seeing this requested in the Suggestions forum.  I think it's a good Suggestion, and I would Vote +1 for it, but it could be a lonnng road to get a response from Roll20 Team on that route.