Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Owlbear Emporium AoE Templates

Edited 1662965529
Hi all I PM'd Grimdirk as the creator of these assets, which seem really useful.  However there are a number of templates that are incorrectly sized and I have not had a response.  Yes, I can resize a template permanently once that Add-On is in a game, but I would need to do that for each of the 5 or so templates every time I create a new game.  Not ideal.  Can anyone recommend a similar Marketplace item with the same functionality (ie I just want to Add-On and for everyone at the table be able to select a template already set to the right size and drag it to the table)?  Please note I do not want to have a generic template that is resized when placed, the ones from Grimdirk were actually ideal as they were different colours, different sizes and shapes and also semi-transparent and so didn't interfere with gameplay.  Obviosuly knowledge that all the templates were actually to scale is important for any recommend! Many thanks
Gauss
Forum Champion
Could you specify which templates are not correctly sized? Specific names please. 
For you Gauss, the world :) blue circle 20' (can't remember how big it is, but it is oversized), the blue 120' square is 115' , there is no purple 5' square, the green 100' x 5' wall is 95', the yellow 100' x 5' wall is 97.5'

Edited 1663020435
Gauss
Forum Champion
Simon G. said: For you Gauss, the world :) blue circle 20' (can't remember how big it is, but it is oversized), the blue 120' square is 115' , there is no purple 5' square, the green 100' x 5' wall is 95', the yellow 100' x 5' wall is 97.5' Blue circle 20' is correctly sized for me. Perhaps you could show a screenshot?  Blue square 120', confirmed. Purple square  5'   missing, confirmed. Green 100x5' wall, confirmed. Yellow 100x5' wall, confirmed.  So for those that are confirmed (other than purple square 5') there is an easy fix that only has to be done once per campaign:  1) Right click on the image, hover over advanced, click on "Is Drawing" to turn it off.  2) Resize the image to correct proportions 3) Turn Is Drawing back on (if desired) 4) Go to the journal tab and open the character, edit, Remove the saved token, and re-add the correctly sized token.  Otherwise, I would suggest sending a bug report into the Devs, perhaps they can contact the content creator. 
It appears like this in every game, not just a one-off glitch.  As you can see, 25' radius actually in effect. I had resized and created (reduced a 10' to a 5' for purple, not bothered that the text is wrong!) for my active games, but I really would like it if Grimdirk could fix this as these work really well - I'll message the Devs Skål
Gauss
Forum Champion
Odd, on mine it is only 20', not 25'
Very strange
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It was 25 on my test. Most of them were fine, but that one was off.

Edited 1663079191
Just belt n braces I have flashed up Chrome, cleared cookies, cache, history and made sure no extensions etc running then added the pack to a new game and I get the same result for blue 20'r.  I only tried one of the others (yellow 100x5 wall) and that was no different.  So not browser/cache/cookie/add-on related as far as I can tell (I use Firefox )

Edited 1663079762
Gauss
Forum Champion
I figured it out, there are TWO template packs in question when you search for template in the add-ons section.  Both versions are included in the same marketplace purchase.  "Area of Effect Template Pack" and  "Area of Effect Template - All Colors" The circle is correct in the "All Colors" version.

Edited 1663080194
Hi Gauss, I'm not seeing that?  Here are the possible add-ons, I've duplicated at top n bottom so you can see I haven't had a senior moment

Edited 1663083800
Gauss
Forum Champion
Simon G. said: Hi Gauss, I'm not seeing that?  Here are the possible add-ons, I've duplicated at top n bottom so you can see I haven't had a senior moment I typed "template" and it came up with 3 templates, two of which are the Owlbear template in question. I tend not to browse lists when I can help it. Especially when they are not in alphabetical order. Also, you can select specific colors of the template pack by typing AOETP then selecting the color you want.

Edited 1663084565
That doesn't work for me.  Starting "template" gives me the Area of Effect Template Pack once I get to "tem" and aoetp shows no results.  How long have you had the pack?  I bought mine 11th May 2020.  Also, didn't know you could do that, so thank you!

Edited 1663090764
Gauss
Forum Champion
Simon G. said: That doesn't work for me.  Starting "template" gives me the Area of Effect Template Pack once I get to "tem" and aoetp shows no results.  How long have you had the pack?  I bought mine 11th May 2020.  Also, didn't know you could do that, so thank you! Odd, I'll have to investigate further. edit: Actually, could you screenshot your marketplace purchase? Also provide the link to the pack? I want to see if it is the same one or a different version. edit 2: Scratch that, we are investigating and have identified the issue. There may be a resolution to the search issue shortly. (Not your original issue, that is another matter.)

Edited 1663090527
<a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/gameaddon/460/area-of-effect-template-pack" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/gameaddon/460/area-of-effect-template-pack</a>
Gauss
Forum Champion
Dang it, you beat me by 19seconds...see my edit above :)
Nice :)&nbsp; Love this community

Edited 1663094052
Got this, all sorted : ) Hi there, Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the confusion! I took some looking into this and figured out what may have been going on -- the pack you have is still valid but is from an older version of the same product. &nbsp; The creator released a new version in the form of a bundle where the different colors were broken out -- you did not get this updated version. Upon closer inspection, it seems this updated version also included a few sizing fix such as the situation you outlined already. &nbsp; What I've done is gone ahead and ensured your account has the newer version free of charge. You will now have the different bundle packs which share the same starting name of "AOETP" followed by the color name. &nbsp; Further, if you do notice other sizing errors, since the templates are configured as tokens, you can "remove" the current token and "resave" the correct size to the token (The same way you set up a token to be used when dragging a character to the VTT). This will fix it for the current game so you don't have to keep resizing it over and over. &nbsp; I hope this helps! Miles
Gauss
Forum Champion
Simon G. said: Got this, all sorted : ) Yup :) Hope that works for you.&nbsp;