Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Missing scripts or just weird formatting?

Hey all, I have not been able to keep the API scripts running on my campaign, without it crashing from a "possible infinite loop detected."  I don't know how to de-bug that error, and any ideas would be appreciated.  But one other weird thing is that in my API script list, there are not persistent empty spaces. Anybody have any ideas why this would be happening, or if it might relate to the general state of all my APIs being borked? Hugely appreciate any help or theories.
I’m not sure about the ‘possible infinite loop detected’ issue, but the spacing of your scripts is simply a CSS issue on how they are being displayed. If you’d like a Stylus fix you can check out my post  here .
Has anybody else had this CSS issue? It's every time I load the page. There's clearly something persistently messed up, even if it is only the CSS layer.

Edited 1663195720
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jarren said: I’m not sure about the ‘possible infinite loop detected’ issue, but the spacing of your scripts is simply a CSS issue on how they are being displayed. If you’d like a Stylus fix you can check out my post  here . The thing that actually destroys the ordering is the height of the little glob icons, which are Pictos, with a higher font size than non-One Click script titles. You can make them line up better with a single line of Stylus CSS: .pictos {font-size: 12px !important; max-height: 14px} And yeah, without CSS monkeying., the whole ordering of the scripts looks terrible. As for the error, it would be nice if the Console told you the line number within a particular script, but they are all concatenated into one big uber-script at run time. Do you get any more info? If not, then the only thing to do is disable scripts until you find the culprit. The One-Clicks are probably the most stable, since they are more likely to be reported and are all using identical code.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
BTW, Jarren, I missed that style in your CSS thread. That's nice.
Yeah that one has made the Scripts page much friendlier to look at.  I've also started using Dark Mode on the main website, so I just updated the code on the post with a Light/Dark mode as well. (Basically flipped the colors for each group of bg/border/text.)
OK-—something has completely broken in my campaign then. I just disabled every single script except a 20 line one that lets you re-size assets with a click.  The API sandbox crashed.  So... something seems structurally broken in my game. Will make a separate post about it. Thanks all.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I answered this on your other thread, but basically, the game is big enough that it can't start up the sandbox without going over the callback threshold time and assuming an infinite loop.  About the only thing you can do is decrease the number of objects in the game, likely by archiving npcs, monsters, maps, to another game and removing them from that game.  Characters will have the most effect, particularly casters.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Survey script (in One Click) may help you diagnose where issues are. It makes a detailed list of everything in your campaign. Of course, if it's timing out, even that may not be possible.
Oh man, I'm really in trouble bc I run a VERY low magic campaign! 😬 Thanks Aaron. I'll try offloading some stuff and see if I can get it to run. Especially to try the Survey script Keith is talking about.