Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Bars doesn't update for my players and auras disappear for one player

Edited 1663275985
Hi, My players have recently begun experiencing issues with their token bars, where they get stuck on a set number. It stays like that, sometimes even through reloads of Roll20. It affects all bars, and when it occurs, the barbarian in my campaign can't see his token aura either. Does anyone know what causes this, and if there's a solution to it? My players are getting quite frustrated by it, especially during intense combats. Screenshots of bug as well as token and character sheet settings below.
Gauss
Forum Champion
1. For the token bar issue, I am unable to replicate it. Could you state the exact keystrokes or other step by step instructions? Please be detailed.  2. For the barbarian, what are the aura settings? 

Edited 1663290483
1)  I don't know exactly what is doing it. It happens to my players and not me, and I don't know what  causes it for them. I'll ask them tomorrow during the session and get back to you on that one. 2)  His settings on the character and token sheet are identical to the character shown above, except he has the following aura seetings:

Edited 1663290960
Gauss
Forum Champion
For the Barbarian Aura problem, please screenshot the full settings for the token and the character sheet control settings. Just making sure it is all set up correctly.
It was a tight squeeze, but I think this is all you wanted, otherwise I'll have to split it up into several screenshots. Just let me know :)

Edited 1663296540
Gauss
Forum Champion
Jakob F. said: It was a tight squeeze, but I think this is all you wanted, otherwise I'll have to split it up into several screenshots. Just let me know :) Question: is the player in question named "Wheatley" (unlikely based on setup, just confirming)? They have control but it isn't in their journal. 
Wheatley is me. It's just so I can see the tokens when I click the "Join as player" option in the setting bar.

Edited 1663333511
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, since it doesn't appear to be the settings, perhaps it is your player's browser? Please have them try a different browser (Chrome or Firefox are the Roll20 supported browsers). Which browser are they currently using?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Try refreshing the cache on your and your players computer. You may have old code, particularly possible if you have left the game running. This sounds like a bug that was fixed on the 14th : Fixed an issue where auras were not obeying see/edit rules.

Edited 1663374024
Browsers are: Myself         Chrome Barbarian     Chrome Fighter         Brave Sorcerer       Chrome The aura problem didn't appear today. The health bar issues reappeared today for all three players. Had each of them clear their cache as it happened for them individually. It fixed it for the barbarian and fighter, the sorcerer had the issue reappear later on, and I asked her to swap to Firefox. The issue then didn't reappear for her after that. I figured I might as well have them try that. The health bar issues occurred during combat, when a macro that call on token-mod, act, and chatsetattr was used by each of the players (they weren't affected by each others macros, only when they used one themselves). Edit: The health bar issue does not occur for me; I see everything updating correctly for everyone, even when the players don't get updates to their bars.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is odd enough that I would suggest you and your players capture a  Console Log ( Chrome , Firefox ) from the time this occurs and file a  Help Center Request . This sounds like it might need dev investigation.
I'll do that if the issue re-emerges (which it probably will) on Sunday. Thanks for the help!