Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Uploading PDFs as images

Hello everyone, it used to be really easy to convert PDFs to images by just uploading them as a handout and it let you select which page you wanted to convert to an image. I used this feature a lot, but now it seems to be completely gone. It only allows you to upload PDFs as PDFs now which is not what I want because the PDF viewer is super clunky and I much prefer images. Is there any other way to do this now? Or do I have to manually convert all my PDFs to images now before uploading? Thanks for your help!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Eukaryot! I believe the only way now is as an actual PDF. You could screen cap an open PDF on your computer and upload that. Unfortunately in your case, the new behavior was long-requested and serves the needs of a greater number of users. I'll do some snooping about and see if I can discover any other workarounds.
This one bit me as well.
keithcurtis said: Hi Eukaryot! I believe the only way now is as an actual PDF. You could screen cap an open PDF on your computer and upload that. Unfortunately in your case, the new behavior was long-requested and serves the needs of a greater number of users. I'll do some snooping about and see if I can discover any other workarounds. It's great that Roll20 adds new features! I just wished we could do both now, upload PDFs as images and as PDFs. I am now manually converting the PDFs before uploading them. It's not tragic, just more work that way and I was used to not having to do this!