Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Do techs even bother to red Bug Reports?

I submitted a bug report today — and was befuddled by the answer — as if tech support didn’t understand or even bother to read my problem. Anyone else have this issue?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Gallaher! Given the volume of users, it's possible to misread a problem or confuse two different people they're trying to help. You can either try again, or if you want to state the issue here, maybe a user can help, or I'll see if I can get someone's attention.
They use ZenDesk for their IT Support, which is often criticized for focusing on fixing complaints rather than fixing bugs, i.e. their goal is to make you content enough to close the ticket, not to fix the problem.  In addition, ZenDesk has been having a horrible last few months. I would not be surprised that the services are just overloaded with all of the changes happening to their software and support.
Gauss
Forum Champion
When that happens to me on filing a bug report I have to take the extra step of having them escalate the ticket to someone who actually understands bug reports. Can take a bit of effort though.