Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help: How do I add an input variable along with a drop down prompt

I'm completely new to creating macros in Roll20, and was hoping someone could help me create an input value for the macro I've been using. Basically I'm having a drop down prompt appear asking players what type of attack they are making, then wanting to have a secondary prompt appear for them to insert a modifier. This is what I have so far. My Global Macro &{template:default} {{name=Mace Strike}} {{attack= [[1d100]]}} {{damage= [[1d4+4]]}} {{hit location= [[1d100]]}} Player Macro ?{Choose your attack|Strike,[Strike](!
#Strike-Mace)|Stab,[Stab](!
#Stab-Mace)|Set Strike,[Set Strike](!
#Set-Strike-Mace)|Set Stab,[Set Stab](!
#Set-Stab-Mace)} Essentially I'd really like to be able to add a input value modifier to the first roll in the Global Macro I've created. Thanks for everyone's help in advance!
I don't know if this is what your looking for, but if you want to add a modifier let said to the attack roll of your Global macro you need to do this: &{template:default} {{name=Mace Strike}} {{attack= [[1d100+?{Modifier?}]]}} {{damage= [[1d4+4]]}} {{hit location= [[1d100]]}}
Warlord said: I don't know if this is what your looking for, but if you want to add a modifier let said to the attack roll of your Global macro you need to do this: &{template:default} {{name=Mace Strike}} {{attack= [[1d100+?{Modifier?}]]}} {{damage= [[1d4+4]]}} {{hit location= [[1d100]]}} This worked for me, thank you!