Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Marketplace Content Question

Right now I am creating maps from scratch for a 2E game I'm running, and I'm loving the possibilities.  However, there are multiple 5E adventures I would like to purchase...but I'm not sure of what all comes with them.  Is there a way to know how the adventures are set up?  Is there a FAQ or help article or something that details this?  Am I making sense, or should I have led with tacos?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you are talking about a WotC product, the short answer is: everything. If it's in the print book, it's in the Roll20 offering. Plus some extras. For example, if the module references a standard monster, but the book doesn't have art for that monster, the tokens will have that art if it is based on a monster already in the Compendium. Map quality is generally equal to whatever is in the print product. If it is a third party product, they are generally described in the marketplace entry. If you have any questions about them, you can often track down the author by clicking on their name in the Marketplace entry. But Roll20 does not have anything like a review or rating system.
That is awesome and helpful! One more question:  how do you filter specifically by a particular system on the Marketplace?  I can filter by adventures, but I just want adventures for a specific system.  How does one do that?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Start typing the name of the system. The search bar will start a drop down with popular tags that fit what you have typed so far. For example, if you start typing "dungeon", one of the drop down choices will be the tag, "Game,-System: Dungeons & Dragons". If you hit enter there, you will get all products with that tag. You can then refine your search using the filters down the left hand side. You can limit yourself to art, tokens, adventures, adventures geared toward a certain range of levels, publisher, etc. You can also just type in your own search terms.

Edited 1663900556
I tried that and it didn't work.  I still get all aystems.

Edited 1663902003
Gauss
Forum Champion
Scarecrow71 said: I tried that and it didn't work.&nbsp; I still get all aystems. Here you go: <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/search?author=Wizards%20of%20the%20Coast" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/search?author=Wizards%20of%20the%20Coast</a> It will limit it to WotC products, which are pretty much all 5e products.&nbsp; If you want 3rd party adventures for 5e you will have to broaden your scope. However, you may want to consider more than 5e if you are converting it to 2e.&nbsp; Pathfinder is based on D&amp;D also (3.X/PF), so you can look at their modules and convert to 2e just like 5e.&nbsp;
That works.&nbsp; Might be due to my being on mobile? Anyhow, another question!&nbsp; What happens if I buy a module on Roll20 but I dont have any of the rulebook here on Roll20?&nbsp; For example, I have hard copies of Tasha's and Monster Manual, but I dont have them here on Roll20.&nbsp; What happens to the content in the adventure that relies upon that content?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Everything needed to run the adventure is included in the module. You do not need any other purchase. Now, If you wanted to create a character for the adventure using material from Tasha's, you would need that sourcebook, or you would need to put in the information manually. But the modules have all of the monsters, maps, art, tokens, etc that you are required to run them. If for some reason a rule is referenced that is not in the adventure, that information is provided in handout form in the adventure. This tends to happen more in Paizo products than WotC, but care is taken to ensure completeness.

Edited 1663904005
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Example, if the published adventure says that "Bob is a goblin ", but the book doesn't have the goblin statblock or art, the adventure on Roll20 will include goblin statblock and art, usually as presented in the Monster Manual. You would not need to purchase the Monster Manual