Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Skill check Vs DC

Hello, I have already checked a lot of different posts about this subject, which is the following: I would like to be able, for a player using the 5e OGL template to have a macro that rolls a skill (i.e. Arcana) and compares the result with a set DC which the DM is prompted to set, depending on the situation, starting from a fixed value of 15, something like: 15+?{Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9} I have already tried with [[ { @{selected|arcana_roll} }>15+?{Livello|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9} ]] with no success. Could you please show me what I am missing?

Edited 1664023058
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you want the player to be able to roll themselves, but you want to put the DC in yourself, you'll need to output a button for them to click on. There's no way to pop up a query in another player's browser without them clicking on something. To keep it simple, I would just call the roll from the sheet and compare to the DC by eye. Here's an example DM macro where you click on the player token to send them a roll button with the skill and DC baked in. /w @{target|t1|character_name} &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Skill check vs DC?{DC?|15|16|17|18|19|20}}} {{name=@{target|t1|character_name}}} {{description=Please roll ?{Which skill?|Acrobatics,acrobatics|Animal Handling|animal_handling} [Roll](`/w gm @{@{target|t1|character_name}|?{Which skill?}_roll}" style="color:blue)}} If you really want the success comparison, that is doable, it's just a lot of work since you'll need to recreate all the goodness the sheet already does for you (global modifiers, advantage & disadvantage, a roll template to make it look pretty) and escape it all inside a roll button. All possible, just more work. If all you want is a button they click on and input the DC themselves, and the success comparison is more important to you: [[{[[1d20 + @{selected|acrobatics_bonus}]],0}>?{DC?|15|16|17|18|19|20} ]] success ($[[0]] vs ?{DC?})
Thank you, I will work on that.