Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

MULTIPLE SHEETS IN A GAME

Score + 297
+1, I would love to play WOD on roll20 with different races, but at the moment is really frustrating
Wil
Pro
Sheet Author
Just putting this here: many games out there use multiple sheets. Blades in the Dark, for example, not only has playbooks but crew sheets and faction sheets. Each one fulfills a different purpose, needing a different design. While the Blades in the Dark sheets published by Evil Hat are hands-down the best sheets on Roll20 I've ever used - they have had to invest time and money into making them work because they had to work around the limitation of not having multiple sheets (and this isn't even touching the fact that the R20 die roller doesn't handle Forged in the Dark pools...or Cortex either). That's not to say they still wouldn't have gone the extra mile to make their sheets full of awesome, but the platform's limitations would have necessitated some creative solutions regardless. Meanwhile, we've weathered two years of a pandemic and what I am guessing was a monumental shift to online play...and still not multiple sheets. Meanwhile, to my knowledge, many other VTTs allow multiple sheets. But hey, we got dark mode!
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Where is the Roll20 Dev team? This should not be so hard to implement.
+1 -- Need multiple Sheets per Edition
I will be honest, it amazes me that this is not a feature already.  
++1 The utility would make this system stickier as the options for running VTT games increase. You *want* GMs to personalize their games. 
+1 Yeah, would be amazing.
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Remember to click on the little triangle if you have it should be pinkish
+1 yes please
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
200 votes and no response from Roll20. Hoping for an answer to this!
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Peter B. said: 200 votes and no response from Roll20. Hoping for an answer to this! Might be a critical design flaw and they trying to turn a blind eye to it for as long as possible :D
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
I feel so strongly about this I have not paid for my Pro subs in a long time :)
That would make managing a large encounter much easier and give a GM a rapid at a glance for things.
I am currently running a Call of Cthulhu game. The module is not available on Roll20, sadly, so I'm doing everything myself in the way of maps, handouts, etc. Part of the module that I am running has alternate timeline scenarios. That is to say, the basic era that the game takes place in is the 1920s which is the default for the Call of Cthulhu character sheet but there are scenarios that can be run with the module that take place in the dark ages (circa 1200), and the gaslight era (circa 1880). At the table, I can run these easily by just handing the players the sheets for characters from those eras (and, yes, they exist). But, I'm having to skip over these optional scenarios in Roll20 because there is no way for the players to have a character that uses the 1920s character sheet and the Cthulhu Invictus character sheet, and the Cthulhu by Gaslight sheet in the same game. I could probably fudge it with the basic character sheet but it would require a lot of effort and it's just not worth it.  Having the ability to have multiple sheets would have been so useful...
I´ll add my vote. Having ship specific sheets for a spelljammer campaign seems kinda mandatory however the only way currently is to workaround using character sheets.
I add my vote. This would make managing Bestiary especially so much easier.
Over 200 votes and not a single roll20 response...
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Ignis Fatuus said: Over 200 votes and not a single roll20 response... They changed that policy sometime last year, I think.  They are no longer committed to commenting on anything based on number of votes.
Totally missed that one. Sorry and thank you for informing me.
I support this idea. A very frequent need of mine is specialized inventories and trackers. Trackers for a variety of specialized party inventories such as shared bag of holding space, or loot left back at camp, or a tracker for the economy of the player stronghold. Right now, I use one of two methods to track those: Hacking them out in the Bio/Info tab of a handout, or using an external Google Doc / Sheet. I would prefer all  game resources remain accessible in-game, rather than needing to exit the game to use external documents, and hacking them out using plain text in bio/info leaves me with very little access to automation and validation. I would love to have the normal 5e character sheet as the main sheet for player characters, and then a custom sheet of my design for various inventories.
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
I realized when setting up dynamic lighting stuff that having two different character sheets would be great for setting up things like torches and AoE templates that players can control as tokens and drop onto the battlemap, but which don't need stat blocks for the game system.
When I created a game, it let me specify more than one rule set in the 'playing' field - in my case, AD&D (1st & 2nd), D&D 5E, and Pathfinder Second Edition. So I made the apparently foolish assumption that I'd be able to use more than one character sheet in the game ... and the character sheets for all three already exist so why not?
I also support the possibility of multiple sheets. It would be really useful for games with both characters and ships/factions/groups. And it would enable cross game play! +1
Wow this request goes back nearly 10 years +1
I'm hoping this gets implemented.  It would finally allow for an easy way to track group loot. I've experimented with various workarounds but all have drawbacks or inconvenience. +1
I hope this includes things like Fabula Ultima where there is a 'Character Sheet'  'Group Sheet' and 'World Sheet' that can all be tracked and edited.
Yes!  This would be very useful.
We shall not give up hope
I use the grinninggeko sheet for palladium because I play rifts, but I use a lot of palladium fantasy and heroes unlimited etc. So I need to be able to use all those sheets too. Having multiple browsers or incognito windows is the only current solution, then pop out your character sheets from the different systems and hope you don't get auto-signed out of one of your sessions mid-game, it's jank as hell so I don't do it. I can't imagine roll20 working with multiple sheets, I can barely keep it from crashing and adding fields just using this one sheet. Adding more would cause it to crash even more often and that's the real reason they don't add it, the platform is unstable and needs more core work on stability. I'm playing a co-op empire management game with detail down to the individual character level for all NPC's we encounter of different factions, we basically have to create new games for new factions at this point, because we have too many character sheets and as soon as you get over 20 or 30 of these grinning geko sheets it starts to get really unstable for some reason.