Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Weird Buzzing Noise?????????

Edited 1664462491
So I tested everywhere on my PC to confirm my suspicious - but it seems when I was moving my map token and stretching it - it is creating a weird buzzing noise. I thought it was a loose wire or the noise was coming from my PC. I tested moving stuff on my desktop, cause the second I left click something in the map/object layer - the noise begins.  Really odd - literally thought a PC component was giving that weird noise.  Make sure you have complete silence, you'll hear it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hmm. I've got headphones on, volume up to max and I can't hear anything when moving or stretching a token. Do you have a different machine you can test on?

Edited 1664471481
Full recreation just in case: Started a new campaign - blank, 5e sheet only page tool bar - create new page uploaded a battle map dragged map into the table and moved it around - the sound begins I turned off any in-game audio / mic / video - sound is still there. no other machine to test it ------------------ If I just drag the map token from square to sqaure - its a buzz noise and fades away.. however if I click and hold and make circles with it - its constantly buzzing. If I use freehand and draw - nothing happens. only interacts with a token.
Does the same thing happen when you move one of the tokens on the Fabric.js test page? <a href="http://fabricjs.com/test/misc/position.html" rel="nofollow">http://fabricjs.com/test/misc/position.html</a>
Jim R. said: Does the same thing happen when you move one of the tokens on the Fabric.js test page? <a href="http://fabricjs.com/test/misc/position.html" rel="nofollow">http://fabricjs.com/test/misc/position.html</a> nope
Gauss
Forum Champion
Novercalis said: Full recreation just in case: Started a new campaign - blank, 5e sheet only page tool bar - create new page uploaded a battle map dragged map into the table and moved it around - the sound begins I turned off any in-game audio / mic / video - sound is still there. no other machine to test it ------------------ If I just drag the map token from square to sqaure - its a buzz noise and fades away.. however if I click and hold and make circles with it - its constantly buzzing. If I use freehand and draw - nothing happens. only interacts with a token. Can you please turn off all sound (not in Roll20, but system-wide)? Make sure the sound is coming from speakers and not your computer.&nbsp; If it is coming from your computer and not speakers then my guess is you have a hardware issue. Roll20 could be pushing your hardware in just the right way to cause it but if this just started happening I am betting your hardware is starting to have some issues and this is just the first noticeable symptom.&nbsp;
just tested something else - now it gets weirder back on my roll20 campaign - I clicked the map token and kept moving it in circle - I adjusted the volume up, down and muted - nothing changed but the buzzing is still there, even when muted.... really odd. Tried a website - clicked and drag a random icon - nothing. Desktop - clicked n drag an icon - nothing fabricjs.com - click/drag in there - nothing. really weird why there is a sound, even when muted coming from my speaker.&nbsp;

Edited 1664480411
curious - if someone wants to jump on discord with me and view my screen and see if the sound goes to you as well add me Novercalis#4303
Gauss
Forum Champion
As stated earlier, the test you need to perform is disconnect or mute your speakers, not Roll20. Then test to see if you hear the sound. If you hear it it is not coming from Roll20 itself but your computer.&nbsp;

Edited 1664480781
it's coming directly from the speaker - literally moved it next to my ear and it's clear as day. I attempted many other things around my PC to see if it was outside the roll20 - there was no sound. on websites - didnt happen either. to be more precise with this noise - if I click and hold - no sound. if I move a pixel - there is a singular click. when I move it an inch or in circles - that click begins to sound like a buzz-like sound.&nbsp; disconnecting speaker - it stops. putting it back on - buzz is still there w/ roll20
Gauss
Forum Champion
Odd, ok...and what happens when you mute the entire system? Not disconnect speaker, not mute Roll20, just mute the computer system.&nbsp; Does it still occur?&nbsp;
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Are you using the built in audio in that game?&nbsp; If so, does it go away if you turn off the sound in the Audio/Video settings?
Gauss said: Odd, ok...and what happens when you mute the entire system? Not disconnect speaker, not mute Roll20, just mute the computer system.&nbsp; Does it still occur?&nbsp; Kraynic said: Are you using the built in audio in that game?&nbsp; If so, does it go away if you turn off the sound in the Audio/Video settings? If I mute the sound - it still goes through - but if I disconnect the speaker - then it's silence. I also disabled everything on roll20, sound/video

Edited 1664487105
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, if you have muted the computer and it is still happening then it should be a computer hardware issue rather than a Roll20 issue. Probably some weird interaction between components or something when "just the right thing happens". Based on your description I am guessing the video card is being wonky under a specific circumstance in Roll20.&nbsp; Modern video cards are usually also processing your sound, so there could be some kind of electrical cross-talk going on that is coming through your speakers.&nbsp; TBH, I only very rarely encountered this kind of thing in the past (I am an electronics technician and have been building computer systems for me and my friends for over 20yrs now).&nbsp; Are you using a discrete video card or an onboard video card? Desktop or Laptop?

Edited 1664489217
it's a fairly new card. 2021 amd rx6700 / pc I build PCs as well and fairly knowledgeable with PC and components. This in itself is baffling. Cause I have tried to isolate this and everything has roll20 attach to it, nothing outside of roll20.&nbsp; I also have a sound card - disabled that and used onboard - still happens. Not gonna bother removing gfx to test cpu board. considering I disabled all sounds, mics, speakers from device managers anyways.&nbsp; for the lack of a better word - it sounds like a buzzing sound - but it only "buzzes" when I move the token a lot. If i were to move pixlel by pixel, it's a click sound. just imaging 100 pixels / clicking going back to back - ends up sounding like a buzz sound.&nbsp; So it's not a electrical issue. Which was my initial thought and scare.&nbsp; trust me this whole thing is weird.&nbsp;