Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Most of Player's Sheet Reset

So around the tail end of my session yesterday, around 3 am, EST, one of my players in a Pathfinder 1e game just started saying his sheet was "gone." At first, I was confused, because it was right there, but upon opening it, I realized that all his stats were dropped to 10, his class and all information connected had been pulled, and his skills were all reset, though it still said 95/95 at the bottom, for some reason. We refreshed to no avail, reset the game entirely, nothing worked. Now, about 12 hours later, nothing has changed, so I'm inclined to believe the sheet is suffering some more major problem. The feats, items, and defensive equipment are untouched, but don't seem to be interacting with his AC at all. The whole sheet, for lack of a better explanation, has stopped functioning entirely. I could remake his whole character on another sheet for him, and have already started to copy over relevant information, but in the interest of not letting this happen twice, I'd like to try and find out why this happened and how to prevent it in the future. Anyone have similar experiences or any idea what happened?
Gauss
Forum Champion
I suggest filing a bug report here . Ask for a rollback of your campaign to an earlier state. It may restore the character sheet.  Also, which character sheet were you using? There are multiple Pathfinder 1e sheets. 
Gauss said: I suggest filing a bug report here . Ask for a rollback of your campaign to an earlier state. It may restore the character sheet.  Also, which character sheet were you using? There are multiple Pathfinder 1e sheets.  Just the default "Pathfinder by Roll20" sheet. And I only just noticed this reply, sorry. We ended up going back and restoring the stats by looking at previous rolls and stuff. I could get a rollback still, but it'd be rushed and we would risk losing other information. The party had just beaten a Magma Dragon and got a ton of loot/gold, and other stuff, so that would all be at risk. I'm also a bit worried about slipping up and irreparably damaging my game. This gave has been running for over 3 years, and I'm a bit overprotective of it. But for the future, I'll keep this in mind, should anything like this ever happen again. Thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Quillian Inkheart! The most likely cause is dragging a monster from the compendium onto the VTT while the sheet was open. Such an action can be interpreted by the app as wishing to overwrite the open sheet via drag and drop. It should warn you before this happens, but it could have been missed. If you are worried about campaign integrity, I would suggest making periodic backups of your game (this does not impact your storage quota), and then you can restore any garbled elements. At the plus level, you would use the Character Vault. At the Pro Level, the Transmogrifier would be available.

Edited 1667080338
keithcurtis said: Hi Quillian Inkheart! The most likely cause is dragging a monster from the compendium onto the VTT while the sheet was open. Such an action can be interpreted by the app as wishing to overwrite the open sheet via drag and drop. It should warn you before this happens, but it could have been missed. If you are worried about campaign integrity, I would suggest making periodic backups of your game (this does not impact your storage quota), and then you can restore any garbled elements. At the plus level, you would use the Character Vault. At the Pro Level, the Transmogrifier would be available. Thank you very much for the reply. However, I can say confidently that isn't what happened, because I don't use monsters from the compendium, but rather hand-craft my monster sheets for my players or roll dice without sheets using bonuses only I know to keep their tension levels up. In fact, I rarely use the compendium at all; I enjoy that feeling of hand-crafting things, so I tend to do literally everything by copy-pasting from other locations. I'm still entirely unaware of what caused this, but in the three-ish years this game has been running, this is the only bump we've hit. I've started backing up my game regularly now, and am being extra cautious, so I'm not worried about it happening again, but I wish I knew so I could warn future players of whatever happened.
I have a déjà-vu right now... this bug happens a while ago and there is an existing forum thread to it. I don't remember though if a solution to this was posted there...
My character sheets have been acting up for over a year like this and the issue has not been resolved.