Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spawn Default Issue

Is anybody else having a challenge with the Spawn Default Token API placing the spawned token to the back, even when you have 'order' front listed in the command line?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
My first reaction is that you're probably noticing an artifact of changes to individual user displays  made by Roll20 a while ago, where controlled by and/or token vision settings will override the displayed z-order for one or more users. There will be cases where some players see one token above another when everyone else sees the opposite. It's a very annoying "feature" that I think was intended to help players locate their PC tokens. Are you able to manually bring the newly spawned token toFront? My guess would be no? If you are  able to do so manually, then there might be another issue at play. You could try giving the spawned [default] token vision (or is it controlled by? I can never remember which is the driver) and try your macro again to see if that results in the behavior you are expecting.
Oooooh. Thank you. I'll see what I can do with adjusting 'Controlled By' first.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Pretty sure it's vision, then the controlled by will help determine the specific user displays. So vision + controlled by will override non-vision. Could be mistaken on the specifics, though. Not sure why I'm posting this, since you just said you were going to play with the settings, but oh well :)
HUGE HELP! Thank you!
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Cool. What solved it, btw? Adding vision to spawned default token?
>>  Adding vision to spawned default token?>> Yup. Thank you.