Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map Image Resizing

Edited 1665766183
This may be intended behavior, but it feels wrong: If I resize (see changelog 10/12) an uploaded image in Recent Uploads that I'd previously copied to a folder of the Art Library, only the Recent Uploads copy gets the new size, and the one in Art Library remains 1x1.  Also, if I resize both of them to different sizes, they each keep that size when placed on the map.  So, obviously, size is tracked separately for copies in folders.  I can see some possible reasons to do that, but in general I'd expect an image to be the same size regardless of use. So, is this the intent, or a bug? Edit: it's more complicated than that.  After a while (5-10 min), and a couple of drags to the map and deletions of same, the original Art Library version picked up the dimensions I'd later set on the folder copy.  However copies in other folders, added after changing the original, which initially had its settings, changed to 3x3 (note: I'd never set these to 3x3, the original had been set to 10x6 and the folder copies to 4x6). Also, why is the button to make the change labelled "continue" when it ends (and sets) the change?  Wouldn't "OK", "Set" or "Finish" be more appropriate?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's a quirky new feature, but it largely works. I have noticed that images that are displayed as the result of a search cannot hold a size setting, but ones that are in Recent Uploads or filed in Folders each can hold their own defaults. This is a brand new feature that AFAIK, has not been announced. Hopefully, there will be an official feedback thread.
It's in the Change Log dated 10/12, but no announcement on the forum that I've seen.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks! I hadn't looked there.